They are at it again!!..Round 2

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Even tho Clematis "Mme. Julia Correvon" is a baby and was planted last fall..she has grown up and bloomed and I hard pruned her and she grew even taller than last time and the blooms are much larger!!..How did I live without this one in my gardens???....Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Wanna see me upclose?

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Tie Dye" enjoyed me hard pruning him again..his blooms are larger and more at the bottom..keep blooming baby and hopefully my climbing rosa "DublinBay" will join in..if so..I'll post a pic and let you see their beautiful Duet...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Mme. Edouard Andre' " is starting up again too!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Kermesina" is truly a joy..can't wait to see this one mature..I planted her with climbing rosa "Mme. Alfred Carriere"..what a lovely union..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Galore" round 2

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

yummy

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Richmond Hill, GA

Jeanne, I planted Henryi 2 years ago. It has grown to the top of my arbor gate into the trumpet vine which is what I had wanted it to do. It finally bloomed but the blooms are very small and very few. I've cut back several of my other clematis but should I cut it back to about 2 feet? All the blooms were at the top of the arbor. It still has one more bud, the vine itself is very healthy and full. I was hoping for it to be covered in blooms. I know it's only 2 years old but I was expecting more and larger blooms. I fertilized it with rose food earlier in the season. Advise.
Arlene

This message was edited Jul 4, 2007 7:20 PM

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jeanne:

Your Clematis and Rose gardens are at their peak of perfection! I need to add "Mme. Julia Correvon" to my front yard, because it would tie in beautifully with my front door, which is burgundy color! My "Tie Dye" is still a 'no show', but I keep watering the soil regardless. "Mme. Edouard Andre" is a lovely addition and one that is not readily available. "Kermesina" is another vigorous and glorious Clematis. It makes a splendid union with Rose, "Mme. Alfred Carriere". Well done!! "Galore" is a new Clematis and I really enjoy it's purple blossoms. How is "Fairy Dust" performing for you? Do you have to give it more shade because of its delicate coloring? Your gardens are an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Arlene: I just cut back "Henryi", which is a Group 2 Clematis. It should be cut back by 1/3. I cut mine back in half because I've had it in my garden for at least 10 years and it's huge. When you cut yours back, don't forget to fertilize it with either Rose or Tomato food. It will then reward you with a second flush of blooms.

Here is my "Henryi".

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Jeanne, how beautiful! How great to be in a nice warm climate when you can get two bloom periods a year. Thanks for sharing! Love the color of "Mme. Julia Correvon".

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Jeanne, you did it again....beautiful! You are the Clematis Whisperer! LOL

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

LOL..thanks..hey my clematis "Tie Dye" is having a ball on round 2

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My 2nd Clematis "Avant-Garde" that I planted last fall with climbing rosa "Lavender Lassie" is having her first blooms..she seems more vigorous than the other one that I've had for two years!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi this is my Jackmanni 3 years old.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

How pretty..what a wonderful setting you have..is that a butterfly bush to the right?...Jeanne

Jeanne: Each time your Clematis have another flush of color they just get better & better.

tillysrat: Very pretty Jackmanii next to your Butterfly blush.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes' this is what I call Purple Haze everything is purple or blue
Except on the back side allot of other color and a purple Lupine.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Very nice and I like your furry friends too!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Love your kittykats..they are so purty!!..Purple..one of my favvvvvvvv colours...Jeanne

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

That s Sassy
She is always in the yard with me more so than the other 3 and in almost all the pics I take of the yard.
Tilly

(Zone 4a)

Your clematis are just AMAZING Jeanne! As I know you have been told a bazillion times! They are so beautiful and you have such a lovely yard! I would love to just take a stroll through your yard with a cup of coffee - now that would be heaven!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.