Interesting bloom on Princess Diana

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

Has anyone noticed Princess Diana throw blooms along a section of vine like this one. The inside of the bell is completely white and the pink is slightly softer. This is the third year that this specific plant (I have two PD's) has done this, eventhough it is whacked down each spring. I'll usually get about 10 flowers like it along the same vine. I really like it and wish I could try to root a cutting, but I don't seem to have much success with rooting things. PD is a wonderful plant in this bed. She has already climbed about 10 feet up to my porch with no sign of stopping.

Having trouble posting a picture. I hope this works . . .

Thumbnail by irishbelle
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

She's BEAUTIFUL..I don't have her in my gardens but see I must!!..Jeanne

Jeanne, I think you must too! I can't tell you how many of your lovely photo's have helped me along into purchasing "just one more" LOL! Princess Diana was a happy accident from Home Depot. Two pots that were supposed to be CdB. I finally have the CdB this year, but have fallen totally in love with Princess Diana. She is budded from top to bottom and the leaves are always beautiful and more pest resistant than my other clematis.

Brooklyn, NY

Hi ! I loved the color on your P.D. -sometimes certain blooms on mine appear softer too - I thought it was my imagination -Although it is so hard to choose - I think this is my favorite clematis - the blossoms just last and they are like enchanting little tulips on a vine,

Thumbnail by darcyclare
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I absolutely love texensis, "Princess Diana". She is a beautiful and regal Clematis.

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Your PD is just gorgeous, Irish! Can't wait for mine to bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.