Trellis Sale

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

I was looking everywhere for curved trellises to go around my trees, and stumbled on to Alstos. They have the large semi-round trellises on sale for about $35+shipping. For the money you get three large curved panels (the size info for the large and the medium in the descriptions are reversed on the webpage). I ordered three sets and used three panels around one tree and two each around three others. They look fantastic and are pretty sturdy. You do need to do some very minor assembly as each panel is in two pieces that need to be slotted together. I also gave them each a liberal spray with rustoleum.

http://www.alsto.com/Parent.asp?product=8637902x&dept%5Fid=9011&subdept%5Fid=9013

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much for posting that website. That is a great way to train Clematis to grow into a tree.

I have the same type of set up going up the support posts of my 2 story deck, but instead of 3 pieces, I only used 2, which I've tied together. Here is a picture of Clematis, "Victoria" climbing up it.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

that seems like a good deal and shipping is not exhorbitant. Would I be able to grow a "mannerly" climbing rose AND a clematis on one of these trellises?

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

The trellises themselves are very sturdy. I have wired mine together to make a complete circle around the tree(s) and for added stability. My experience with climbing roses is somewhat limited compared to others here, but I don't see why you couldn't use a more subdued climbing rose and clematis. In fact, I like the idea so much I may steal it :-)

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Combining both "mannerly" Clematis & Roses on that type of trellis is an excellent idea!

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

Just ordered 2.I always need inexpensive trellises.

Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.