Finally some blooms, but it is not what I ordered

Libby, MT(Zone 4b)

I ordered a huldine to go with my Julia Correvon. I thought the colors would be nice together and have been waiting for them to bloom. They both bloomed buuuuuut my huldine is more like ville de leon.

I already have 4 ville de leon and don't want another, especially planted next to Julia. I will replace it but now will have to wait for at least 3 more years. Oh well, thanks for letting me have a pitty party.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Bummer!

One of the reasons that I grow my Clematis to flowering stage in containers prior to planting them in my garden is to make sure that it is what I've ordered. Any adjustments of where to place them in my garden are easier when they can be moved in a container. Even if planted in the ground, they still can be dug up in the Fall and transplanted to a new location. Just make sure that you have as much of the root ball as possible.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I would contact the company you ordered it from and tell them..a decent company would replace it with what you wanted..Jeanne

Libby, MT(Zone 4b)

Boy do I feel stupid! I went out and checked again and forgot I had a surprise clematis that has never bloomed in 5 years next to huldine so I did not know what kind I had. It was so tangled with Huldine, (has not bloomed) so I thought this was the first year of huldine blooming. It was my surprise clematis that bloomed.

I sure am happy that I do have a huldine.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Don't feel 'stupid', surprises happen to everyone!

Can you take a picture please and post it?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.