HELP ID bugs and Destroy them!

Westminster, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi, this is my first post and also my first year at gardening. I love this website and always refer to it with any inquires. My vegetables are growing in 4 3x3 raised beds and two tomato plants are in a EB due to my limited space. I am pretty much using a square-foot method. So far I am keeping everything organic and would really want to keep it that way. The first picture is a tomato plant leaf, it has these very tiny yellowish pin-sized things on them, they barely move. Also there are also very tiny looking "flies", they barely move also and are very easy to smash. My thoughts are white fly or thrips. These bugs are on all 5 of my tomato plants.

Thumbnail by jessme7
Westminster, CO(Zone 5b)

The next plant is a shanghai bak choi (cabbage family i think) seedling. This plant got devouerd by this small black bugs that are so quick, I cannot hand pick them. These bugs bother me the most.

Thumbnail by jessme7
Westminster, CO(Zone 5b)

Last is my brussell sprout plants They are these small green egg shaped things (I dont think they are bugs), they are not in clusters but are located on the underside of the leaves. I do have what I know is cabbage loopers on my broccoli and brussell sprout leaves that I am ok with hand picking, but will control with Bt soon.

Thumbnail by jessme7
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

1. Most likely thrips.
2. Flea beetles.
3. Aphid

Westminster, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank you Farmerdill.
Do you know what that other bug is? The ones without the wings that look like little seseme seeds? On the first picture and on this one.

The third picture of my brussell sprout leaf, the bug does not move at all, its just stuck on the underside of the leaf. Aphid?

Also if anyone have any suggestions to organicly get rid of these pests.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2007 7:31 AM

This message was edited Jul 3, 2007 7:35 AM

Thumbnail by jessme7

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.