my july garden

Bloomingdale, NJ(Zone 6a)

This is my front bed. Guess you'd consider it a cottage garden!-wish I could landscape it a bit better though-the daylilies are taking over!

Thumbnail by kat7
Oshkosh, WI(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous, Kat! What are those tall yellow flowers in the center of the picture?

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh, kat, it's lovely! I think it looks just right.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I love the rock. Its perfect.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

So pretty as in girlie girl pretty. Very delicate and makes me feel happy to look at it.

Christi

The tall yellow flowers in the back are drooping coneflower (ratibida pinnata), the tall yellows on the right Mexican sunflowers.
PS-thanks for all the positive comments!

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the ID, Kat! I'm so excited to hear the ones in back are drooping coneflower--I just planted some of these for the first time and can't wait for them to bloom.

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

Your yard is picture perfect. Good job! I have never seen the drooping coneflower..can you send a close up?

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I think it looks great ! Good job !

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Marvelous - you are quite the gardener!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Tonights news say rain and more rain and more rain and more rain.................

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Does it always rain that much in Texas in July ???

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, Jasper. We are in record setting pattern the likes this state has never, ever seen. Our maximum rain is around 30" per year. We passed that in early June. It has been raining since the end of May. Almost every single day since early June. I don't know how to make a link but just go to the Texas forum, Oklahoma, and Kansas have all had horrific floods with lives lost and homes destroyed. No end in sight.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Isn't it weird how it's all shifting around ... just a little east is a drought ridden area. I might just up with ocean views, after all...

Oops- couldn't get the picture to download- see below!

This message was edited Jul 7, 2007 9:14 PM

Sorry- wrong picture-ignore this (this is the picture I had in my jounal, but I noticed the leaves are different so it might be mismarked.) The next picture is the actual plant behind the angel on the rock! Anyone know what this plant is?

This message was edited Jul 7, 2007 9:28 PM

This message was edited Jul 7, 2007 9:29 PM

Thumbnail by kat7

drooping coneflower, ratibida pinnata, prairie coneflower.
This is the actual plant from behind the rock- and I doublechecked and it definately is a drooping coneflower- matches the pictures in the plant id book!

This message was edited Jul 7, 2007 9:31 PM

Thumbnail by kat7
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Great job Kat!

early_bloomer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.