Hibiscus blooms so far...

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I have quite a few hibiscus thanks to several internet orders and a good friend. These are the ones that have bloomed so far....

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I had this one last year...Erin Rachael.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Candy Wind

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gator Pride...but my camera doesn't capture the brown color at all.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Molly Cummings

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Midnight Moor....just opened today.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sunny Wind....cloudy day picture. She is a much brighter yellow.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

And my last one for now.....Rosalind. Quickly, she is becoming a favorite of mine. I will add pictures of the others as they bloom for me.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

PS.....here is a picture of Sunny Wind and the color it really is.

Thumbnail by Brugie
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh Brugie, they are Beautiful! Don't they just brighten up their area? Mine are really just starting coming on now. That first one, Sun Showers? Does yours seem to be a slow grower? I've had mine for 3 years and it is still pretty small. I always think, aw, if I don't keep it alive over winter, it's okay... then it blooms and I love it. If I lived in the tropics, I'd have my property lined with hibiscus. Can you imagine? Your's are gorgeous, I especially like the Erin Rachael, do you have a pic of her on a sunny day? I'd love to see more...

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks AuntB. The first one is Escapade. I had Sun Showers a few years ago and gave it away. Erin R. is budding up again and I'll try to catch pictures when she blooms. Like you, my yard would be full of hibiscus if I lived in a frost free area. I think they are so entertaining.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

beautiful! PS...love the little bug on your candy wind :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

LOL, Cat...those come free.

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Brugie, those are just beautiful!! I think I like the Escapade bloom the best - but your picture of Erin Rachel is very unusual and very cool :-)

(Zone 11)

Nice collection, great pic's!

:~)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks for looking, everyone. Erin Rachael isn't quite that dark for me, but you can see that the picture was taken on a cloudy day.

(Zone 11)

Brugie, which program do you use to add the text (names) to your photos?
I'd like to do that to some of my photos as well.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Dave, I use a free program called Irfanview. It's super easy and a quick download from the net. I got mine here: http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967

(Zone 11)

Thank you, I will check it out. :~)

(Zone 11)

Nice little program, thanks again.
Heres my first try at adding some text...

Thumbnail by Dave67
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great looking blooms. I love them all, Dave. Irfanview is a great program for the price. Glad to help.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

dave, great for a poster! what program did you use to make the collage?

(Zone 11)

Kyle, I used Picasa. Its an interesting little program as well. :~)

http://picasa.google.com/

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Dave, I already have Picasa and never used it...Thanks!

Kyle

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Here is another photo editing program that Monika told me about. http://www.majorgeeks.com/Paint.NET_d4548.html I'm going to give it a try tonight. It's called Paint.Net .

This message was edited Jul 4, 2007 7:44 PM

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Another bloom or two....first, Smokey Mountain.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

and..... Golden Halo.

Thumbnail by Brugie

Great new blooms, both beautiful! I really like the color combo on Smokey Mountain :-)

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Nice flowers and nice pics..

Kyle :-)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

This one bloomed today. Hot Bikini is the name. Thanks Kyle and Karen. Kyle, you know you are the main reason for my addiction to hibiscus. When you first brought me Pink Wings...I was hooked. I no longer have her, but she was a blooming machine.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2007 1:52 PM

Thumbnail by Brugie

Don't you love Hot Bikini?? I swear it glows in the dark. Really, we were on the patio the other night playing darts and the only bloom you could still see was Hot Bikini - it was like a neon orange torch!!

So glad to have helped your hibiscus addiction - anything I can do to not be alone in what my family calls "the Betty Ford Treatment Center for hibiscus addicts", lol!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

LOL! Karen, I'll be sure to check her out tonight. It's too hot to even go out and pick tomatoes right now. This little critter came along free, but I removed it for her picture I posted. I'm not a bug/worm fancier, so I don't know much about them. Can someone tell me what it is?

Thumbnail by Brugie
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

looks like a caterpillar?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Someone told me it is a Lady Bug larva. It was almost a half inch long. I need to start brushing up on the bugs we have here.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Another new bloom for me. While my brugs are suffering in the heat, the hibiscus blooms just keep on going. This is Morning Glory. If my computer crashes, I'll at least have one picture of every hibiscus I have. LOL!

Thumbnail by Brugie
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

This one is Kiss and Tell.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow!!! Very nice collection. Beautiful!!!!
Robert

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Robert. I've purchased a lot this year and Kyle brought me about 15 on his last visit. That helped build my collection very quickly and is so appreciated.

Your two new ones are beautiful!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Karen. One third of them have now produced at least one bloom. Can't wait to see more of them blooming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.