Help, I've got bugs!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

This is not a very good photo, but there are little white specks (bugs) on a lot of my million bells. They are so tiny its is hard to get a photo of just them. There is some leaf damage visible also. Does anyone know what they are and a solution. Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Can't tell what they are from the pic, maybe whiteflies? With anything like that, I always start with a strong jet of water from the hose and wash as many off as possible, sometimes you need to repeat a few times over a couple days but I've had success with a number of insects that way.

There are also brown bugs on the flowers.

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

Another pic of brown bugs.

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

Leaf damage.

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

Hopefully better pic of leaf damage.

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i would do an alcohol and water spray. can't tell from the pictures what it is.

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10a)

You might want to pull back from the plant a little and then zoom in if you have a zoom. The backgrounds are coming out great but the foreground where the bugs are is very blurry.

gardenerme - I tried your suggestion and still isn't a great photo. I tried insectisidal soap and I think it helped. Thanks for your input and everyone elses. Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Eleanor, have the sa me thing on my million bells,plus on the stem it looks like scale. I pulled out the big guns and sprayed with sevin. It didnt seem to help. Im just looking at them now and hope they will go away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.