Look at the variegation on this adenium!!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have been searching for an adenium like this one. I wanted this unusual variegation and I finally found one. It is just now starting to leaf out. Look at this baby! It is going to be a beaut. This is Ra Ji Nee Mai Ngam.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful plant, it is more white than green. Thanks for sharing! How old is it and what size, please? Here is the one I have, cv. 'star'

Thumbnail by senlarrs
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have one very similar to that and I just love the variagated adeniums. I was actually looking for Miss Japan by Tropica Nurseries in Thailand but was unable to locate it. Here is a picture of it.

http://www.tropicanursery.com/adenium/cultivars/cultivar_catalog.php?action=view_item&id=120

However, I came upon this one and the variegation is similar. I think it is probably two or three years old.

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Miss Japan...awsome foliage; now if I could purchase that one, I would!! Though, the info seems to say that the plant is difficult to grow....hum?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I paid 18.00 for Ra Ji Nee from Snowbelt. I just saw one up on ebay that is currently at 41.00. Not positive it is Ra Ji but similar variegation.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Buried-treasure.net is getting in Miss Japan!!!! I ordered two. He is getting in some others from Tropica that are also must haves.

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Also, ordered 1 Miss Japan from Buried-treasure! Not getting them in until 7/27 per site.
Running out of money, think that will be my last one for awhile. LOL

Larry

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I hear you Larry!!! I wasnt going to order any more, but when I saw the ones that were coming in from India, I had to. Miss Japan is tough to find.

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

Larry, I already showed Lisa, but here's a pic of how they arrived. The Miss Japan were the best of all the varieties we received. They're all at least 3 year olds. Most were trimmed per request, but they left the tops on a few. We have them trimmed to reduce freight costs. We'd rather have more weight in the Caudex than the branches.

Chris

Thumbnail by BuriedTreasures
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am so excited. That one is very difficult to find here in the states.And to get them that size. Wow. Gonna be the center of my collection.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I ordered my last 8 from Buried Treasure.................thanks for the tip............haven't been back to look at the site..............

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got mine in and am extremely pleased with Miss Japan. Have been looking for that one for a while. They are potted up and with the others. Adenium Alley.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

rylaff, how about a picture of Miss Japan, by itself? 8>) Nice Adenium Alley, Smile!!

Larry

This message was edited Aug 11, 2007 9:35 AM

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I bought two. Here is one. This one had very little shock from the shipping and only lost a couple of leaves.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

The variegation on Miss Japan is a bit inconsistant, but I think it is a very nice plant.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

And this is Ra Ji Nee, the first one I posted. The variegation is a bit more consistant. It has leafed out well since the first pic.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Absolutely wonderful,rylaff, though, I must say that the Ra Ji Nee does have the most variegation! I am sure that Miss Japan will too!! Thanks for sharing those pictures.

larry

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

The variegation is lovely!
To enhance it on the Miss Japan, move her to a less sunny location.
Most variegateds will do best in bright filtered light rather than direct sun.
I have a very small one that will die back if I put her in the sun or move her.
I believe it is called Star of Daybreak.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Will do. Although, Ra Ji is in full sun and has incredible variegation, but I think I will move Miss Japan.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Just dont move her too much.
I dont think they like it too much.
My Star of Daybreak will drop all her leaves in a moment when I move her.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.