July Daily Weather What's Happening in your neighborhood???

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Sidney - Glad your coleus stayed firmly in the ground! We just had a downpour - now it's a steady drizzle. I don't know if we're having fireworks tonight. We usually ride our bikes to the beach on the 4th, sit on towels and watch the fireworks from Jax Beach to the Ritz Carlton here on the island.

78.3 °F / 25.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 66 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 0.4 m/s from the East
Wind Gust: 7.4 mph / 11.9 km/h / 10.8 m/s
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 80 °F / 27 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 8 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 2500 ft / 762 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Taken this morning

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

55* - raining - plans now to set up gazabo/tent in front of the garage and grill in the garage...had hoped it was going to let up by this afternoon. (nearly 1pm).
Seems lots of rainy 4ths across the country.
Sidney - also glad to hear your coleus is ok.
MySharona - nice to see that the birds and squirrels share.. very cute.
Fireweed/rain
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Joey and Sharon ! Our chicory is everywhere in the park, growing wild !Posting a picture with Boss, my GS , in the park , near the chicories !

Joey, my mom is at home since yesterday and she's really improved ! AShe's speaking almost normal and is able to lift up her right hand. Also, she eats a lot,so that's a very good sign !Thanks for asking and thinking of her !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I'm glad your mom is doing well, Adina. :-)

We thought of going to the Arboretum today, but it's too hot for doing anything outside, no matter how easy going it is. The neighbors are blaring the stereo, as they do for every holiday :-( so I am staying inside, regardless of the temperature.

Updated: 3:54 PM PDT on July 04, 2007
Observed at: Near Superior St School, Chatsworth, California
Elevation: 895 ft / 272 m
101.6 °F / 38.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 29%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h

(Zone 3b)

Adina - So glad to learn that your Mother is doing so much better. Continued get-well wishes for her:)
Boss looks quite happy there in the park. I've heard of chickory too, but had never seen any.
Kelli - too bad the neighbor's aren't a bit more thoughtful; at least if you had wanted to go outdoors, it would be more quiet. Have a good evening.
Continues to remain in the 50's and rain. Sure will make the front lawn green-up..
Kiska

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Adina: Happy your Mom is on the mend! You must be happy she's home. Will keep her in my thoughts.
Deb

Adina - I'm so glad your mom is doing better. We will continue to keep her in our thoughts and pryaers! Boss is the man and he knows it!
kellli - Have you talked to your neighbors about the loud music? It's a shame to have to stay inside because one person in the neighborhood is selfish. Don't let them ruin your holiday.
They've moved the fireworks to 9:55 tonight. A tad too late since we all have to work tomorrow. Guess we'll miss it since DH has to be up at 5:00am.

81.5 °F / 27.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 60 °F / 16 °C
Wind Gust: 4.5 mph / 7.2 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 82 °F / 28 °C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2400 ft / 731 m
Scattered Clouds 3400 ft / 1036 m
Mostly Cloudy 7000 ft / 2133 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Breezy near the coast through midnight. A slight chance of showers in the evening...then a chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s inland...in the mid 70s coast. East winds 10 to 15 mph...with gusts to 25 mph near the coast through midnight. Chance of rain 30 percent.

taken today

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Boomer watch till 10:00 pm, 81°(F), overcast.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

A very pleasant mid-70's day here in my area. We were under a tornado warning from 1PM and then under a tornado watch until 7:15 PM. The storms moved south of us around Harrisburg and east. Some folks got a 1/2" of rain, 50 mpg wind and hail. We got enough rain to wet the sidewalk, which quickly dried out again.

Still have severe thunderstorms for tonight and tomorrow morning. We may yet get some rain. The dirt is dry.

This daylily has been getting watered.

Thumbnail by se_eds
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We just got hit with heavy rains....again. lol. So much that we had a flash flood warning and our yard had several creeks and the road flooded right in front of the driveway. Have never seen that happen before. lol. Weird cloud formations also. Thought there for a little while that a funnel cloud or a wall cloud was trying to form but it was just wind clouds. No circular movement in them. Kinda neat to watch. lol

Before all the excitement it was 86*, humid, and there was no wind whatsoever. Hot, hot, hot.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina my Hymenocallis speciosa finally finished opening on the first plant too!
Wonderful news about your Mother!

We had a nice bright 87 degrees going until the T-Storms whipped thru...
3/4" of rain later it's a nice cool 73 ......
(LOL! @ rannveig and the 'Hot' 65!)
Good thing we got the rain.... low 90's and Sunny thru Monday....

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Ric, your weather is stsrting to mirror mine again. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

As long as that includes rain w/ the heat...I'm for it pepper!
Fireworks are blasting all around now!

Here's a Purple Nicotiana I picked up at the RU

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

LOL. Keep the heat. I like it milder. Only like the heat for the plants. But at the same time I'm not moving to a cooler area either! lol

(Zone 3b)

10pm - 58*...sunny - stopped raining around 6pm, the sun came out and the 4th ended on a very pretty note.
Sure some wild weather down there - take care and hope all's going be ok.
9:30pm ~~~ note how green Pioneer Peak is getting:)
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Se_eds – I hope all is well on your end. Lovely daylily!
Ric – Such a pretty flower!
Kiska – So nice to see all that pretty green on the mountain!

We’ve already had some rain this morning so we don’t have to water the lawn! We’re getting to the point where the lawn gets mowed 2x a week. The grass gets too thick if we don’t.

Now
Through 830 am...scattered showers will continue to affect the coastal waters with activity becoming isolated along the coastal counties. Most of the isolated showers will be located between Flagler Beach to near Cumberland Island. Showers are moving west around 15 to 20 mph. Rainfall amounts will generally be light with a sprinkle to possibly around a tenth of an inch. Shower activity is expected to increase in coverage by mid morning.

78.4 °F / 25 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 71 °F / 22 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph / 4 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa(Rising)
Heat Index: 79 °F / 26 °C
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3500 ft / 1066 m
Scattered Clouds 7000 ft / 2133 m

Today
Partly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

no worries - she's to chuncky to catch anything except zzzz's!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! It drizzled all of yesterday morning and into the afternoon, but magically quit in time for the fireworks. Yayyy! We went to Katy, which is a suburb west of Houston. They set off their fireworks behind the big mall there, so we didn't have to worry about sitting in the mud. We just parked in the Wal-Mart parking lot behind the mall and had a perfect view. The bunnies had a great time! We could see fireworks all around us on our way home - mostly illegal ones as you aren't supposed to set them off in the county. At least we didn't have to worry about dry grass catching on fire! It started raining again late last night and hasn't let up yet.

Adina, I'm so glad your mother is feeling better and is home. :-)

Pepper, I love watching storm clouds, too. When there is rotation, it's scary, but it is still really neat to watch them form.

I need to get off of this chair and get busy. I may have a friend coming over this afternoon to help me make curtains (yayy!), and the house is a mess. I need to get it straightened up and un-pile the dining room table so I can spread the material out. I hope you all have a good day!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (12 min ago)
Temperature 72 °F 22 °C
Dew Point 70 °F 21 °C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 30.01 in 1016.1 mb
Wind Speed 3 MPH 3 kts
Wind Dir E 80°
Ceiling 3000 ft 914 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 76 °F 24 °C
Current Conditions Light Rain
Remarks 0.02" of precipitation last hour. (We've had 1.3 inches of rain in the past 24 hours.)
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 72.0°F / 22.2°C

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Beautiful photo Kiska :-) It IS turning green! :-) I'm surprised to see the green color reach so high up the mountain - it's very pretty :-)

LOL - Ric - I know it's sounds silly - we just don't do "heat" very well ;-)

Debi - I don't think I'd ever get tired of summer either - we've just gotten an overdose of the sun these past weeks compared to what we're used to. Last summer we got maybe 2-3 sunny and warm days - so we're really getting spoiled this year! And because most of the time these warm, sunny days are so few and far between we feel this urgency to really make the most of them ............ then when we get so many in a row - we're just really worn out from soaking it all in! lol I think we could be more relaxed about it if sunny and warm weather was something we could count on every summer.

Adina - so glad to hear that you mother is still improving :-)

Sorry to hear so many of you had a rainy/stormy 4th - hope you were able to make the best of it anyway ;-)

It was overcast this morning, but now the sun's out and it's 65°F again! Hildur Eva's got a rash from the sun yesterday so I'll have to keep her covered up and out of the rays today. We're going to Denmark on Saturday for 10 days so we'll be busy getting ready today and tomorrow. The forcast promised rain tonight - I do hope it'll get here :-)

I took the girls to the lake again yesterday. This time they brought their waders ;-) Wearing short sleeves at 6:30 pm is not normal here - it's a rare treat! ;-) Ofcourse we all did bring our jackets with us - but we didn't need them :-)

Have a great day!

Rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

I took this one just to show you the position of the sun at 7 pm ........still pretty high ;-)

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Good morning! The big Fourth of July thunderstorms that were forecast for my area never materialized. The radar showed heavy rains to the north in NY, to the west in parts of Oh and east of me in central Pa--just about everywhere but here so my big family picnic went off without a hitch. Today it's 76º and sunny. Another beautiful day. I could use some rain though.

Rannveig...........I've yet to see a kid that didn't like splashing around in water. Sounds like your summer is off to a great start.

Kiska.........Pioneer Peak is looking good. . You'll have to take a photo every week or so and update the green progressing up the mountain.

se_eds..........Nice white daylily. Made me realize that I have nothing here in a white at all. I'll have to remedy that. :)

Ric........Have you ever counted all of your pots? You must have a truckload!

Photo.......things are blooming nicely here.........

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

One more........Clematis and hollyhocks.......

early_bloomer

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning! 83°(F), bright, sunny blu skies.

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 49%
Wind: 250° (WSW) at 8mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.06in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 66°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 88°F
Dew Point: 63°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: 12000ft
Heat Index: 85°
Wind Chill: 84°
6hr Precip: 0in
6hr Low Temp: 73°F
6hr High Temp: 76°F

(Zone 5a)

EB - so glad you had a good day yesterday :-) You're so right - I don't know what it is about water - but it's totally irresistible in the eyes of a child ;-) lol I was actually surprised that they didn't get themselves wet ........ we had a great time.

They played hide and seek in the lupines too - it's very easy to hide ....... and very hard to be found ;-)

It's clouded up a bit again and it's a bit breezy so it's not as pressing to be outside - what a relief! lol

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Can everyone say "torrential downpour"? started a few moments ago, and it is really coming down hard and fast.

The woman next door just spent the last two hours washing and detailing her car. I never wash mine but then again I generally drive junk.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, everyone and thank you so much for caring !

That's so great, Ric !

My mirabilis are blooming big time !Here is a clown one !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Those severe thunderstorms and tornado watches gave us a little over 1/4" of rain. Folks south of us were not so lucky, wind damage and a lot of rain. This afternoon, with temps in the 70's we had another round of storms. Severe stuff went south again and they are dealing with 2-3 inches of rain and flash flood warnings. We got another 1/4" - not too bad.

E.B. Clematis and old fashioned single hollyhocks sure do make a nice combination.

I have seedling daylilies blooming like crazy - new ones every day. Lots of them are 'dawgs' and some are pretty.

Here is a spidery one with a crinkled edge.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! Everybody! Man! You all went Nuts while I was away! Can't leave you all alone for a day! :D It's 80* & really nice out.
Dyson, glad you got the "down pour!" :D
Adina, glad your mom is home. Recovery always seems better at home. :) I love the mirabilis! :D Beautiful colors!
Rann, what a Precious Pic! :D Your little girls sure do enhance a picture!
E_B & Ric...your gardens are Great! :D
Marylyn, glad that you had the opportunity to watch the fireworks and in comfort! :D
Sharon, Callie doesn't know that she is "out of shape" not to carch squirrels! :D
Kiksa, that is an Amazing! Pic of the Peak! Love it! :D And I can't wait for my fire weed to come around! :)
Kelli...I would stay in as well. :(
Se_eds, Glad that you got the Rain! :D Yippee!! Such pretty Lilies!

The answer to the trivia yeasterday....IS....A!
A line drawn through geographical points recording equal amounts of precipitation during a specific period.

Have a good evening!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nice and quiet around the ol' rancho today. :-) The neighbors are very quiet most of the time, you'd never know they had teenagers. But when they have company, it's like they have to show off and show how "Hollywood" they are or something.

Still hot.
Updated: 3:42 PM PDT on July 05, 2007
Observed at: Near Superior St School, Chatsworth, California
Elevation: 895 ft / 272 m
96.0 °F / 35.6 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 67 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 2.7 m/s from the NE
Wind Gust: 8.0 mph / 12.9 km/h

We went to the beach this afternoon. It was cloudy down there. It always feels warmer than the air temperature says it should feel. I think the sand absorbs heat during the day.
Updated: 3:42 PM PDT on July 05, 2007
Observed at: Point Dume, Malibu, California
Elevation: 115 ft / 35 m
68.3 °F / 20.2 °C
Haze
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 61 °F / 16 °C
Wind Gust: 8.0 mph / 12.9 km/h

It was cloudy, so I left my camera in the car. The beach is pretty colorless when it is cloudy. Instead of a picture, I'll tell you about sea hares. There were a number of sea hares washed up on the beach. Any that where still alive, I threw back into the water. A sea hare is a big, black sea slug. They squirt purple ink. I like all of those tide pool critters.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

High of 80º today without any rain. I keep hoping but it keeps going around us. I think Moses is standing at the Pa/Oh border parting the clouds. South of here near Pittsburgh I-79 was closed for awhile today due to flooding. It's clouding up and a cool breeze just blew in the window. Looks like I have one last shot for a sprinkle!

Photo: Arkansas Delta Blues.....

early_bloomer

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina all I can say is WOW! on that Mirabilis! LOL!

e_b we once counted right at 250 pots.
But that was a few years ago.
I'm the owner/member of a Container and Balconey Gardening group.
Can't advise if you don't grow so..... It's WAY out of hand... but TOO much fun to stop!

Rannvieg I don't do well w/ cool, windy and drizzle myself.
Give me cold (OK not kiska cold) or Hot and I'm fine.
Now cool crisp sunny Fall days.... ahhhhh.....

After a day of Sun and 90 we had a little pop up storm around 6.
Maybe 20 minutes of a good soaking rain then brilliant sunshine.
It's down to 73 and heading for 63 by morning.

rannvieg at 6:45 I'm driving into a Sun Delay...it's just broken the horizen (hills)
Sunup here is 6:18 now Sundown 9:08
Ric

This message was edited Jul 5, 2007 8:56 PM

Hot, muggy and sunny today. Got to 90* out. No breeze til around 5pm then it started to be nice.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Joey - that is one nice looking Hosta! :-)

Ric - welll I guess you wouldn't do well here - since it's mostly cool, windy and rainy ;-) lol Although not lately .........

We were supposed to get some rain last night - the car got slightly wet but it wasn't enough to even wet the sidewalk ......... Now it's cloudy, breezy and 62°F. No rain :-( I'm afraid I'll have to get the hose out today and water before we leave for our trip. Unfortunately it looks like there's no shortage of rain in Denmark .......... we might get wet there which isn't exactly what we were hoping for ..... :-S

The blue poppies are almost done flowering now - the photo was taken on June 21st.

Hope you all have a good one!

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

rannveig here those are called Icelandic Poppies...... hmmmmmm...

Beautiful!

Ric

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

70°(F), widely scattered intermittent light.

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 75%
Wind: 240° (WSW) at 3mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.03in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 73°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 86°F
Dew Point: 63°
Visibility: 9mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 71°
Wind Chill: 71°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 73°F
6hr High Temp: 82°F

Weather supposed to be the same as yesterday.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! We have 66*. The highs are to be in the low 80's.
Dyson ~ Love the "widely scattered intermittent light"! LOL! I recon that means it's not D-Dark. :)
Stay "KOOL" Kelli! I just saw on the news that your still in all the Heat! ugghh!
E_B! Love that Lily! :D Be-u-ti-ful!
Rann, I've never seen the Blue Poppy before! :D Wow!
Ric, Lol! "Icelandic Poppies...... hmmmmmm..."
Pepper, sounds as if you're board! ;)
Sidney, have you gotten any of the "wet" yet?

The trivia for the day is....
What is the term for an anticlockwise change in wind direction without an alteration in strength?
a) Veering
b) Moderating
c) Freshening
d) Backing

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Rann- Great pictures! Look’s like y’all had a great time at the lake!
E_B – I have major garden envy going! You’ve got a wonderful gift.
Dyson – How are you doing? Is a date set for the surgery? Keeping you in our prayers.
Adina – Your mirabilis clown is amazing! Such vivid colors!
Se_eds – I love ruffled edged flowers – they’re so feminine and girly!
Ric – LOL! I have a “pot” problem as well – at least it’s a legal problem!! I work part-time at a wonderful pottery/antique store. I spend most of my paychecks on pots and what I call “lawn art” (concrete critters/birdbaths, etc.)!
Joey – Pretty hosta! I hear the term “veering” a lot, could be wrong, but I’ll say A. You're right, Callie thinks she's 1 y/o and slender! She's a small kitty in stature, weighs in at 8 lbs and is 10 y/o.

79.2 °F / 26.2 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 75 °F / 24 °C
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 83 °F / 29 °C
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 100 ft / 30 m
Scattered Clouds 1400 ft / 426 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Have you noticed that post disappear faster than they did in my childhood.
My how pretty Marguritte is. And I wish clover got big enough to pick and use in an arrangement. If I could put those blue poppies in with those golden lilies would be a magnificent arrangement.
My guess for the trivia is d Backing.
Well the garden is 2/3rds finished. Coleus are so unique I spenr time finding just the right spot to plant each one,I however am not in a hurry. God usually lets me keep them until december.

82.9 °F / 28.3 °C
Haze
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 58 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 3.1 mph / 4 km/h from the NNE
Wind Gust: 5.4 mph / 8 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 83 °F / 28 °C

Another coleus addict has shipped me some coleus cuttings and I have a new tray of fresh potting medium waiting for the new babies.

Did ya'll see this picture of the huge Thompson seedless grapes?
Did Messenger make them that big? Was it Spray n Grow?
Curious minds want to know. That cutting board has 1"markings on it.
;)

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

WU says 80.4 °F / 26.9 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 59 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 2.7 mph / 4 km/h from the NNE
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 81 °F / 27 °C
However we are experiencing thunder and a monsoon downpour.
Babies arrived,
;)

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Awww... What pretty babies, Sidney!! :-)

I'm sure you're all shocked to hear that it is raining. (rolling eyes...) Oh, rats.. and here comes the thunder again, so I need to get off of here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.