My first attempts thanks to you all

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

All are first attempts except for the wheel barrell. I have it for some time. Should burst into bloom any time.
Joyce

Thumbnail by happgarden

Trying to stop the dog from digging.

Thumbnail by happgarden

3 tier planter my Mother purchased for me from ww.
It is starting to fill in.
It will be nice in the house.

Thumbnail by happgarden

Last one, on the porch.
The coleus is really a pretty color, I think.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Very pretty!

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Love your containers! That coleus is gorgeous!

Thank you. The coleus is extremely happy, I love the red tips on the yellow.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

You've done a beautiful job on those planters. Your coleus is very pretty. What is the orange-ish plant on the left in the 2nd picture?

That orange-ish plant is a coleus and if I am not mistaken it was called copper something. I can look later and let you know.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I thought it might be a coleus, but I haven't seen one that bright orange color. Then I thought maybe it was a copper plant. But my copper plants are a bit darker and have "spiky" (but not sharp) sticky-up thingies on them.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

happ - you've done glorious work! They are all wonderful and that coleus is superb.

Thanks every one. I don't know why I never tried it before, but everyone had posted such beautiful pictures I thought I would. Coleus has become another one of my favorite plants....like I need another one, not sure I have met one I didn't like. Now I am hooked.

Delhi, IA

Love your first photo. All are great. My pots are just coming to their own.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Great job!!!!!!!!! I really love what you have created........colors and foliage, too.........I always love a variegated canna in a big planting...........

Both long pots had varigated calla lilies in them but the one on the left had to be taken out because it got mushy for some reason.
The copper colored coleus on the left is called Sedona. I bought it early this spring and haven't seen another quite like it.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

'Sedona' was my favorite coleus this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been great. Unbelieveable color and very carefree...I agree probably one of my favorites.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

happgarden, You have done an excellent job with your planters, and I wonder why you hadn't tried before. Such nice color combinations and the coleus are very colorful and happy looking.

Donna

I guess the reason I never tried it was I just never thought about it. That was a place my dog would dig and after joining DG I thought bingo this may work and it has. Thanks everyone for your nice comments. LOL course I didn't post the pictures of the ones that well.....didn't turn out quite so well LOL....

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

But what a delayed pleasure you've found! Now you can spend rainy days or winter days going over photos to see what you'd like to use and playing with colors, etc.

Very true about the photos especially like you we can't garden all year like the southern folk. The container section has had some beautiful pots that give you lots of ideas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.