What's blooming today # 3

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Just my opinion but......after a while those tropicals just look tired. Sort of like that old lady that keeps putting her face in front of mine in the mirror!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

AWWWW Pirl, growing old is a privilege and honor. I am sure you are simply beautiful (I know your heart is).
I find that I am happier in life the older I get. I can't wait to be delirious which isn't far away *lol*

I spent much of this past week in delirious but digging the hole for the Japanese maple, today, was long hard work.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Wish I lived closer, I would have loved to dig that hole for you :)

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Which JM did you get, Pirl??

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

man great shots today everyone!

been hard at work all day... just getting in now... going to eat dinner... and most likely pass out

'Scolopendrifolium', Victor. We dug down to the required depth and hit hardpan. I wrote to my radio gardening guy and he said we have to keep on digging or else we will have the effect of a Japanese maple in a container without a hole. Tomorrow morning we'll start with the auger and then use the rototiller. Such grief for one tree!

When we hit the hardpan Jack put the hose in the hole (4 PM) and it measured 4.5" of water. Last check, at 8:30, and the water hadn't yet drained completely.

Thanks, Kim, could have used any and all help!

We're ready to pass out, too, onewish!

What a name - almost sounds like a disease. I looked it up and it's very pretty. Good luck!! Keep it out of those ocean winds!

It's 6' tall already! Yes, it does sound like a dreaded disease. No ocean winds here. Just from the bay and the L.I. Sound.

I guess you got it from a local nursery in that case. A good online source that I like is Wildwood Maples. Very, very nice people, good selection and nice plants. Prices are reasonable. They do run sales as well.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Victor, I would be honored to steal your combo and name it IV. It's nickname will be Four. Pixie, you inspired me to try a few night shots. They are impressive for sure, but no hare raising bunnies were in sight.
Hosta....I might know the cultivar but it was too dark

Thumbnail by venu209

Lesson #2--Poop scoop before the foray into the night
Echinacea

Thumbnail by venu209

And don't go barefoot!!

too late Victor.

Arctic Queen being regal after she should be....

Thumbnail by venu209
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

ROFL!!!!!!!!
Oh my, how.....country!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats country charm for you venu, but beautiful shots. Kinda fun isn't it? (minus the poop)

and this is a guilty pleasure. Not in the garden, but on the deck. I always have at least dozen pots of these bright and cheerful gerbers.

Thumbnail by venu209
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I love the color of that gerber! you could start out each day with a smile waking up to that. Very nice!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

i also love gerbers.... just don't have any this year

:(

Pixie, I think you have taught me how to get a true red pic. Take it at night, so many others look magenta. Thanks!!
ps.....I don't live in the country, although I would like to :~)

onewish, they bloom till freeze, you have lots of time.....:)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I like Artic Queen and Sunrise.

Couple of floppers here - Sea Holly and Knautia

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Tommy, That is one interesting plant. A new one to me. Could you tell me anything about it?

Kim, This forum started early in 2006. This is what moved me from DG casual to needing DG Anonymous.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

we were actually at lowes, home depot & a local nursey yesterday (took us both places to find the edging that we ran out of )... none of the gerbers were looking good but i did see a white lily that was about 6 foot tall... and smelled heavenly... good thing we had the car that wouldn't fit those or my honey would have been mad at me

:)

Al I just planted 3 tiny sea holly this year.... how fast do they spread?

Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT!
I am pleased to announce the birth of my first planted Daylily.
My "lilltle grapette" has opened its first flowers.
It is a great reward after all the planning, planting and care of the garden.
Chuck

Thumbnail by dogwalker

Congratulations! It's so much fun.

Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi all.

Oooh-dogwalker-what a beautiful and vibrant purple! Congratulations!!!

I had posted these on part 2 not realizing there was a part 3. Gonna post them again.
Mini Roses 1

Thumbnail by huggle002
Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Mini Roses 2

Thumbnail by huggle002
Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Mini Roses 3-My favorite-"Green Diamonds"

Thumbnail by huggle002
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

onewish - as a spreader they are not spreaders, I have seen a few seedlings - not a lot. They do flop though - just a glowing blue which is great.

Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Mini roses 4-Last but not least

Thumbnail by huggle002

Congrats Chuck!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, congrats on your daylily, Chuck :-)

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's another, Lance Leaf Sundew flowers. These are TINY, about 1/8 of an inch in diameter!

Thumbnail by tommyr2006

Another view:

Oppps! Sorry!

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Tommy those are absolutely beautiful. Such a pretty red, and such perfectly shaped little flowers.

It's hard to tell which is more beautiful - the flowers or your photography. Excellent!

Chuck, love your grapette. I've never seen such a purple DL.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.