What's blooming today # 3

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Belated BIRTHDAY Candyce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great day!!!!!!

Nice shots Tommy.

Al.....that can't be "Buff Pixie".....it's yellow. Mine says Buff Pixie too but its Melon colored. One of us has a mixed up tag......most likely me as I got mine on clearance for $2.50

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Tommy - wonderful plants and terrific photos!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

that is cool Tommy.

Celeste I'll take a pic of my card and send it to you.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Great Blackgold, Tommy!

Nandina domestica blooms.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Another non-blooming cutie. Acer palmatum 'Shigitatsu sawa'.

Celeste, with your ample space (jealous!!), you should consider the Dawn Redwood tree. Do you have many trees / shrubs??

Great, Victor! I love the shape of the flower on that Nandina.

The JM is the exact same one I saw on Cape Cod at a nursery but they said to keep it out of prevailing winds, out of eastern exposure so it would have left me only the front steps and I didn't buy it. What's your exposure? (Behave)

(Wearing a raincoat) Actually this poor guy / girl had to endure two moves already, including this past Spring. Now it is protected and gets a minimal amount of direct sun. I have a second one (didn't realize I bought two at two different times!) on the North Northeast side of my house. I'm surprised about the Eastern exposure warning. That's early morning sun - not bad. Is that where your winds come from??

Clematis 'Huldine' growing through J. Maple. I'm sure some J. Maple fanatics would consider this sacrilege but I like breaking taboos.

I'm with you, Victor, on doing what I please regarding what I grow through another plant. Let those who have their taboos keep them.

Our prevailing winds are from the Northwest. Had the JM been on sale I might have given it a try but the price was too high if I'll only have it for the front steps and then have to baby it over winter somewhere.

I like how Huldine and the JM have the color echo theory going.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

tommy you should add your photo to the shooting start plant file... after seeing your photo i wanted to see what that was all about... and it's blank

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/130239/index.html

more great shots victor!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Very pretty - it's so wonderful out today. I'm bummed that I have to leave my garden haven and go to a graduation party..

I did take time to snap a few shots though...

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2

Anita - work up a "headache" fast. It's so beautiful outside and your flowers are all so gorgeous.

Yes, what a change from that gross weather we've been having. We'll be doing something with the kids after lunch.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Just in from weeding a bit ...

Thanks for the birthday wish, pixie. It was a great day, as I didn't make my bed and I didn't cook supper - the kiddos did these things for me. How sweet to have grandkids who appreciate their grandma - LOL!!!

For most of the day I just played with the 11-month-old, and then did some weeding. My clematis, I observed, has really begun to take off!! It's a new one this year, so it's very small. But, my goodness, the thing is taking off and beginning to wrap itself around the honeysuckle bush very nicely. I hope that it blooms again so that I can show off the flowers.

Happy Birthday Candyce! You share your birthday with my sister. Good luck with the Clematis - if it blooms, please post a pic.

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Gorgeous pics, everyone!!!! Tamara

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Victor, love the JM/Clem. Hope you don't mind that I'll be stealing that combo. thanks.

No problem, venu. 'Inspired by Victor' is all that I ask!! Hee hee.

I.V. for short! How fitting.

Happy birthday, Candyce!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Blue Mist" Scabosia bloomed today.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

First try at growing Ixia, very small little flower...this is the only color so far.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

First "Lollipop" to open.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Stella" finally opened, but she wasn't first this year!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Please Say Yes" is still looking a little rough around the edges. I take pity on this plant as she was shot last year with a shotgun. The fact she's here and blooming is good enough for me!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Cherry Parfait"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And last but not least..an unknown Asiatic's first bloom.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

WOW all kinds of new BEAUTIFUL pictures :)
Keep them coming :)

Kim

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Nice maples Victor. Your zone higher than me helps with those that's for sure.

Neter - you got some zinnias already, looks good.

Pix - The lilies are nice, Cherry Parfait is quite nice.

Not much new today, here are 3 of my foliage shrubs in a row and filling in well.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Didn't catch this with clouds and now it's gone 24 hours later.LOL
I think this is Elegant Candy.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I am SO glad I found you folks! I didn't even know this forum existed until about a month ago *lol* I love hanging with people from "my neck of the country" *lol*

Here is a shot of a little dayliliy that showed it's face today. The funny thing of it is, I didn't plant this little guy. I know it's not Stella because that is in the front bed and this guy is in the back bed. It is definitely a seedling from a seed as it only has 4 or 5 leaves but has 4 more buds and this is it's second bloom. It is SO tiny of a bloom, this picture is super enlarged to show detail. Normally I don't like yellow but this little guy is kinda cute. It has to be a seedling because it's basically growing totally outside where all my daylilies are and is sprouting in rocky sand.

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Here is a side shot of the little guy. I just measured the bloom and it's only 2 1/2 inches across. I think that makes him a mini *lol*

Al take comfort - if we keep getting warmer, you'll be growing JM's before you know it. I'll be growing tropicals all year round! Who says warming is bad? Sure, Manhattan will be underwater, but I'll have a cool garden.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

This Penstemon Smallii is STILL in bloom and will be for quite a while. I can't believe how long this thing just blooms and blooms :)

Nice Kim - and we're glad to have you!

Victor is right, as usual - we're very glad to have you here, Kim. Your plants are wonderful!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Well jeez Kim - I know you've been on Dave's quite a while, what took 'ya.LOL Glad you're here.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

AWWWW thank you BOTH so much. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have DG here. I am really the only "gardener" in my family and don't really have "friends" on the outside so my only friends (other than hubby who is my best friend in the world and has been since we were 12) are my DG friends :) I love all of ya so much :x and am grateful to have this "family".

Kim

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I know, I was in all the "plant specific" forums but didn't know that there were a group of people who have harsh winta's *lol*
Was beginning to think perennials were all zones 9 and 10 *lol*

Kim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.