What's blooming today # 3

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

That's good.

So if it's a** backwards, it would be knee hi??

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

A white balloon flower

Thumbnail by venu209
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow venu that photo is current????... amazing what a zone can do.. mine don't have buds yet.... never mind blooming

another unknown.....so many unknowns, I guess I'm a knee hi gardener

Thumbnail by venu209

Huh, My balloons started bursting about a week ago...

Asiatic Lilies.

There were so many bees and butterflies on the lavender, gale force winds occurred

Thumbnail by venu209

Okay, Victor, I'm not THAT knee hi. I don't know the cultivar :)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I have just ordered seeds for Blue Pigmy delphinium - scroll up to see Pixie's picture.

I will receive about 1000 seeds - the smallest package I could order. Obviously, I can't use that many seeds!

So, if you want some seeds, send me a SASE. It's time I started paying back all the good people on NE forum.

D-mail me, and I will give you my address.

Cheers,
Michaela

I had one buzz by the back of my neck the other day - felt, um, very nice.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Victor - a Blue Pygmy on your neck felt nice?

I'm just sitting here enjoying all the great photos and beautiful colors as I wear my fishnet knee hi's with shorts and a fatigue tee shirt. Keeps the neighbors away.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

2 cute Pirl.....I'm trying to picture it. Normally I just wear my long cotton nightgowns with the dirty hand prints all over it from using it as a towel.....no neighbor has stopped yet *lol*. Actually, I have to yell at them for speeding and trying to get passed my house faster so they don't get scared *lol*

Although she is truly an invasive plant, "Elizabeth" is putting on her show right now and I wouldn't be without her in my garden. I have a hard time keeping up with her but I just keep moving the babies all over the place which makes me feel like I have more *lol*. I even put a baby on my "shade" island and it's blooming also. Looks so cute.

Kim

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Closeup of "Elizabeth"

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Although this shot was taken a few days ago, she's still blooming and although a smaller flower, I really love the color and the "wispy" foliage on flax. I will definitely be winter sowing more of these :)

Kim

The photos are lovely and so are the colors of the flowers. The blue one with the lavender center is heaven sent.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Would you like some seeds PIrl? I would love to send you some as soon as they are ripe ;)
I grew it from seed which I wintersowed 2 years ago. I didn't know what it was at first. Here is a side shot of it. Let me know if you'd like some seed to wintersow or direct sow this fall.

Kim

I'll Dmail you.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Very pretty kim!
I didn't see this until late this afternoon but my Coreopsis is blooming!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Took some night shots tonight to see if the Blue Pygmy is just as blue at night.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh that flax is beautiful kim... love the texture of it

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

what a great shot pixie.... love the night ones... the color is so vivid

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

White bellflowers do pop just like Kim said!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And "Tokajer" looks like it's floating.....a bit darker too.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And i wasn't alone out there, I had some company!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh evil bunny

he's definately lookin like a halloween hare!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Funny bunny, my dog almost caught one tonight walking.

I like that Tokajer shot.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

reminds me of those rabbits from that water ship down movie that gave me nightmares as a kid

Love those night shots. Great pix, Pix!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

If Kim takes a picture of the backside of one of her blooms, is it Kim"s Knee High?
Pixie & Venu & Onewish & Kim, Beautful pictures!
Pirl, too funny!

Dave - if Kim takes a photo of the rear of 'Kim's Knee High' wouldn't it be titled:
Kim's "Kim's Knee High" high knee?

Love your night photos, Pixie! Even the rabbit is super!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! That is so neat how you can go out there and have a bunny on your lawn. I have never seen a rabbit out here. I know they do alot of damage. For some reason the squirrels, chipmunks etc. don't go near my gardens, only the skunk once in a while and my foolish cat. But even at that I think they are learning slowly to stay away as I chase the cat out and always cover the skunks little holes.

LOVE your night shots!

Kim

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I looked up the name of this lily finally - it's Buff Pixie - how 'bout that.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Burgundy flowers on a hollyhock.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I could of swore they were supposed to have some doubles - just one plant it looks like.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Full shot of Mardi Gras helenium. A more compact and earlier flowering variety here.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh my gosh! Is this what happens when I am away for a day? A million posts to read, and so little time!!

BTW, for the 'unscientific' poll concerning dial-up, I am one of the unlucky few still on dial-up. Can't get anything else out here in the sticks of New Hampshire. So, for me, breaking up these threads is a life saver.

What gorgeous photos everyone, I am so jealous. I hope to raise my own personal bar and take some shots as beautiful as these. 'Onward and upward' I always say ... or get out of the way!!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

A shooting star Blackgold!

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

A blue-ish Vinca!

Thumbnail by tommyr2006

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.