Looks great Eleanor!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Very nice!! I love that bridge!!!!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks to all of you!! :-) Eleanor

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

looks so wonderful.... so inviting.....

This is supposed to be Edge of Darkness but doesn't like the picture on the tag and doesn't look the way I remember it last year??? Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

This was miss-labeled in the nursery as Ann Warner but I think it is Wineberry Candy. Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Very beautiful pictures Grammy :)

Dave, I have always envied those that can grow Hydrangea :) I can't bare to how many I have killed :( Not quite sure what I do wrong with them :(

Big City, I am not an Echinacea person but if I was going to grow one, Razzmatazz is my absolute favorite :) Beautiful shots of it, thank you for sharing :)

SOOOO sore today. Worked in the garden all day yesterday, had to come to work this morning to relax *lol*.

Kim

I just checked the plant files for Edge of Darkness and the colors range from pinkish (like mine) to purple like the picture on the tag. Interesting how the color can be so different????? Eleanor

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Which Hydrangea have you tried, Kim. Give Endless Summer a try - good to zone 4, if that's what you are. Also, H. arborescens is good to 4 and possibly 3. That will give you the big white pom poms. Last - the paniculatas as very nice and are hardy to zone 4. They can be grown in full sun. Many to choose from now.

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

Pirl this is for you The portmeirion rose. It is a David Austin rose.I' had it for three years and wintered it with no protection. When I plantedit I buried the graft 5 inches below the soil level. JOY

Thumbnail by agedgardener
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I tried Nikko (sp?) Blue. I killed about 3 of them :(
I don't understand why either as I have acidic sand for soil and from research it seems to be what they like?
There is a lady who lives closer to the ocean than I do so I know it gets colder at her house during the winter and she has 4 HUGE shrubs of it. Nearly get into an accident everytime I drive by her house *lol*
I tried planting one in the shade, 1 in the sun and one in my perennial bed and all 3 of them.....gone :(
I'm zone 5 and have seen others that have them but for me.....not so much :(

Kim

HI VG I live in zone 4 in fredericton NB I planted Endless summer as did several friend and we all lost the plant the first winter.I've had great results with Limelight,Pink Diamond and Annabelle JOY

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Just noticed that Pixie started this thread on June 29th and as of today (July 5th) we're up to 411 posts! Remarkable!

Northerner's LOVE to view, share pictures/advice, and chat.....Isn't it AWESOME?

Kim

Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Grammy-your DL Moonlight Masquerade is absolutely gorgeous!!

Beautiful pics everyone. So glad I can come here to look at pretties-been raining here an awful lot....

~Dawn

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Joy, Portmeirion looks just like the rose on the plate - gorgeous. How tall is it?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Very nice path and beds grammy.

Kass - I start mine in whatever size pots the tubers will fit in, can be pretty small if needed. I also used gallon milk jugs with a big hole cut out, but the handle still on(drainage holes needed too). They need about 2"soil below and 2" above in the pot. My porch was pretty cold this spring so I kept them pretty dry to keep them from rotting before they grow.

Yummy!

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Ready to pick.

Remember Red Hots?? My Doublefile Viburnum are filled with these berries now. Won't last long though - the birds love them!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Blueberries look good. Those doublefiles are one of the better foliage viburnums from what I've seen.

I have a roadside weed
Chicory

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Beautiful shade of blue. I assume they're not edible?? I love Chicory as a salad.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Dunno - I'll send you a few pounds to try.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Is THAT what that is? I have those little blue flowers everywhere! I love them when they're blooming, so I let them be, but when they're just foliage, I cut 'em down.

Pirl Is about kneehigh. This is the best year for bloom This another on the back fence "Maidens blush" JOY

Thumbnail by agedgardener

Celeste - time for a new thread??

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

WOW! I had a lot of catching up to do. Great pics/plants joy, Al, Jan, Eleanor and whoever I missed.
The new hydrandea made growing them (macrophilias?) so much easier . I have endless summer.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sir Victor........it has been done.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/744739/

Hee hee - Dave decides to re-join us and we're leaving!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

What other Beach Boy 8 tracks do you have Dave?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Pet Sounds ? (none really)

Where you going? This reminds me of when my family moved and didn't tell me

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Your family too?!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Awwww......just envisioned the movie "Joe Dirt" .... poor Dave *lol*

Kim

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Nah. I actually came from a very loving, yet dysfunctional family.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Bee Balm!

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice Tommy.

We love you anyway Dave!

Here are this morning's pics..

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks Anita! Those pictures look somehow familiar.
Tommy, there is a new thread

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.