Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 8

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

This is where we came from . ( the past )
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/733450/#new
So be part of creating OUR future .

Thumbnail by ginger749

I decided to add this pic over a Canna Pic .
I've run out of good close up Pics of Cannas.
We are entering the coldest part of our year .
So I have cut everything down to the ground .

edit Spill ?

This message was edited Jun 29, 2007 10:08 AM

We were talking about star gazing .
Are there any Constellations called Canna ???
Must go and check it out .

Here are two links to related subject .
http://www.hort.net/gallery/view/cor/corrurc/
http://www.hort.net/gallery/c/

Looks like a COOL Site .

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey, I am first after ginger!! Alright!! LOL. Will take more garden pics this weekend. Perrienial sweet pea is blooming now.

No one has guessed who my friend is ?
Do you want to try and Guess ?
Looking forward to some more of your always Great Pics .

I'm glad your cat has 4 legs .
That's a great relief .

Checking out the links now. Noticed one was a dogwood. That's our state tree.

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian DG's .
Hope you all have a Great day .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

OH CANADA ! Happy Day.

Pepper, can't wait to see your sweet peas - and I don't think mine are anywhere near blooming ? I'll have to go look in the jungle where they are growing.

I'm out now to build a trellis thingy for my trumpet vine. Happy Day to all!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Ginger, that is an awesome first photo for our thread... perhaps it will catch some new eyes ! ;)

k - I've been outside taking pictures, no cannas blooming yet, prob another month.
I built the trellis for my trumpet vine, but as you can see it is still overgrown -it's budding, I can trim after it blooms. oh well,

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

here is a pretty dahlia opening up by the raspberries (go ahead and pick a berry, we have plenty to share!)

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

exploding lilies and hosta fowers

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

hydrangea is in major party mode !

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

and, last one for today,
Remember
how
much
you
loved
chocolate
pudding?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Awww... your kids are so cute!

Raspberries are making me jealous, I just started a small bush this year. With that late spring frost we had, we are hardly going to get any of our blueberries this year.

Same problems with the frost and hydrangeas.

And I'm starting to think it's too hot or something for lilies here....I planted a bunch, but so far only one has bloomed (the wrong color)..lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh canna, of course ! I planted one humongous bulb (dragon lily??) and it didn't come up,, probably rotted. of course it was the most expensive one I bought.

do you think your hydrangeas will come around, mine looked really c*appy a while back, but you'd never know it know.

wish I could share some raspberries, there are so many ripe right now we can't eat them all.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

just thought this was funny ...

OH NO, this has a bad word in it, I am going to get in bad trouble from DAVE -- shoot, does anyone know how I can get this off of here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I didn't realize it said that ) HELP HELP

This message was edited Jun 29, 2007 3:38 PM

LOL!! Good one Red!!

I am copying and pasting this. Several forums to put it in. lol.

We got over 6 inches of rain at work these last 2 days. We actually got flooded out in some areas. The island garden and the arbor were flooded when I left this morning. At the island the water was half-way up the wall when I left. Our roads were flooded in places and the lake was higher than I have ever seen it. For those of you who don't know, I work at a botanical garden. lol. Fun til bad weather hits. lol

I left about 10:45 this morning since I was losing my brakes on my golf cart, it was getting treacherous, and because I was so wet I was squishy and left water where ever i went. My jeans were so wet it wasn't funny. They were so wet that they were still soaked several hours later. My boss kinda laughed when he saw me and let me go home. I was really happy cause I was also getting cold.

When I finally left I went to take the gravel road that would take me to the hwy and didn't get very far on there because it was flooded out really bad over by the bridge. I talked to some guys who were there then we all left and I went to take the hwy home. Well, I get by a major subdivison there called Oakshire and there was water over the road there. Luckily it wasn't bad enough I couldn't get thru. I just had to be careful. I made it thru there and there weren't anymore high water spots. It was a crazy day for everything around here.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

OH MY goodness, that is terrible Pepper, I hope you are warm and dry! I'm so glad you got home okay, please update and let us know whats going on !!

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Pep, didn't know you guys were getting hit withthe rain. Stay safe, and watch crossing those flooded roads. Don't want to see you and your truck on the news.
Best 2 places to see stars is on the ocean, and in the mountains. It was always cool stand ing a 4 hour watch, and watching the stars circle the earth. LOL You can easily see the Milky Way out there, Reall makes you feel small. We go camping up above Twin Lakes, Co, in a wilderness area right at treeline, so about 12,500 +/-. The air is crystal clear, and being 2.5 miles above sea level, it's almost like you can reach out and touch the stars.
Nobody commented on that one pic that trop posted. Could that be the ever elusive tropicanna?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

** Vadap - I was wondering the same thing... I'm still wondering about my fishing picture ? Well, hopefully I wont get kicked out !! I'd miss you guys

We are still getting rain and from what my mom has heard today PG is still flooded and the water is even higher than before. Fireworks were supposed to go on tomorrow but my mom talked to a woman in charge of that at the vet's today and she supposedly said it's not gonna happen because the spot where they shoot them is flooded. And supposedly the Chapel is flooded too. Gonna make a few calls or emails here in a bit and find out what I can. I don't know if anyone is there today or not.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Hope all is well Pepper, are you getting more rain today, or is it drying up at all?

Ginger must be climbing something ! Tropicanna ?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Packing to go home to beach for the week! Y'all have a good one!

Yep Red You are right .
3 Days in the mountains .

Hope all is well with you Pep .

Thumbnail by ginger749

No more rain today. Supposed to get more rain later in the week last I heard but that could change.

Good .

LOL. Yeah, now my plants can dry out and I can keep working. I hate leaving early unless I'm bored. Even then I stay.

Here is another Pic from Girraween .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Nice rock.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Gorgeous pictures Kell - the first one looks like you are placing that boulder "just so"... love the second shot, is that you and your wife?

Pepper glad to hear it's clearing up, keep us posted. Canna, if it's not too late have a great week at the beach, we're going for 4th of July - one day only deal, but should be fun.

** I pulled out so much grass today I can barely move.... but am so excited to plant the bed in the next few days. I'll post a picture of the "before" in the morning, when I first started digging. The soil is so bad there -claymud- that the shovel made a "schlop" sound like I was breaking a water-tight seal.... very wet and soooo heavy.

Sounds like our soil when wet. LOL. I prefer digging in damp soil. Just wet enough for easy digging.

Thanks Red .
The second Pic is DD & OH .
Glad I'm not 21 again .

This is them again another day .
The balancing rock weighs 750 tons ,
and is resting on a spot smaller than 3 feet square .

Thumbnail by ginger749

I took this 1 minute later from the other side .
That is a small water bottle ( 1/3 of a liter ) in the Pic .

Thumbnail by ginger749
(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

wow! Amazing rocks.

Hi Tammie ,
Many Happy returns for your special day .
Are you working this week end ?
Are you getting lots of rain ?
How is work ?

I'm glad you like the Rocks .

This message was edited Jul 2, 2007 11:22 PM

Hi Tammie!! Happy belated B-day!!

Yet more rocks / Boulders .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey y'all! Kinda cloudy at the beach today, hope y'all are having a good one....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.