They don't need rain

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

My Crinums started blooming today.

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

And another one

Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful Jim :) I went to a talk with a crinum expert and he said those or the toughest plants around. He said that there are abandoned home sites where gardens once stood, and the crinums are still growing.
:)

Susan

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

beautiful flowers!!!! i love them!!!! amazing how tough some plants can be. i was shocked to hear on the news last night that here in heard county we are like 2-3 days from running out of drinking water! we get our water from 2 local creeks and they are now too low for use. they are now using a rock quary(spelling) for water. it won't last long and then they will be buying water from carroll county. scary huh? we need rain so so badly. in texas they are getting lots! i wish they could send it our way.

kelly

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Susan and Kelly
Kelly we need it so bad also. We got over 2 inches about 10 days ago and nothing since. Where do you live in Roopville. I come thru there once in a while on the way to north Alabama. Hope it rains soon.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes Kelly.. i just read about that on AJC.com.. I was in the weather forum complaining about all the rain over central US and flooding over there and I get excited when the windshield wiper fluid off someones cars hits mine thinking rain might be coming.

It's just a very sad situation.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.