Angel Pink Canna

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

The plant isn't a foot tall yet.

Thumbnail by skaz421
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I still have a ways to go on my cannas. I'm too impaitent. lol

This one was flowering in the pot - it's only been in the ground for a week.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

All but one of mine are in the ground. The ones getting southern exposure are growing pretty well, the ones on the north side are only a few inches tall. Not much taller than when planted. lol. I now know they hate road dirt. lol. i will know better next year.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Steve, did we trade for that a while back? I remeber dividing it for someone, but mine hasn't bloomed yet, I'm, jealous..lol.

Mine never did get much taller than a foot, some kind of super dwarf...heehee

Kara,

We might have. I was trying to remember where I got it from, and couldn't (middle age).

PlantFiles says it grows to 18-24 inches, so you're right - it is a dwarf.

Steve

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Steve, went back and checked thru old trades and apparently I did send you that one-lol. Glad to see it is growing so well for you. Looks like I also sent Tropicanna-hope those are doing well for you , too! Take care, Kara

Kara,

The Tropicanna are doing great - I love that color. That's a Firebush growing in front of them, Castor Bean plant to the left, and a heliconia in back. My garden is crowded!

I think I sent you Russian Red, didn't I? How are they doing? Taken over your garden yet? I've never seen anything so prolific.

Steve

Thumbnail by skaz421
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Lookin' good, Steve!

You are gonna laugh...I literally just planted some of the Russian Reds like, 2 weeks ago, it took me forever to get my plantings right, everything had to be moved. But they are really spreading fast, absolutely beautiful canna!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow, is it the lighting or does your firebush have some yellow on the flower?

Kara,

You're going to end up with a ton of rhizomes - I had some that, I swear, were 5 lbs. each. They get enormous. In addition to that, the plant grows seed pods - I've got a plastic container full of seeds, from last year. As if that weren't enough, if you plant 1 stalk, there will be 3 or 4 there at the end of the season. This plant definitely knows how to multiply.

Arzeno,

I just wen to look. The stems are a deep red, but the very tips - I guess they're the flowers - are yellow.

Steve

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I went through plantfiles and found some that look like that, very cool. Mine are all red, which is nice, too, so I onw't complain lol

They mus be different cultivars. I can't remember where I go mine; I think from the local Home Depot.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yeah, we never get the cool stuff here :(

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Steve, thanks again for the Russian Reds, they have grown like crazy since they 've been in the ground. I put them in a spot where I needed some height and color, and looking forward to seeing the blooms!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.