Not finding info for Evirida?

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I received a beautiful clematis for Mother's Day. The tag only says "Pistachio (tm) Evirida (n). What can anyone tell me about this clematis?

I have put it outside (Zone 5), and it has grown a few new tendrils. But should I bring it indoors before the weather gets colder, or leave it outside?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Here is a link to 'Pistachio' at Clematis On The Web. http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=619

How big is your Clematis? Can you take a picture of it? When you received it was it in a 1 gallon container? If not, what was it's size? If it was a baby, you need to definitely grow it out in a 1 gallon container until you see its roots poking out of the drainage holes. This can take 6 mos. or longer. Give your Clematis well amended soil, add compost or manure and a handful of bone meal to aid in root development. Give it something to climb on. Keep it well watered so it doesn't dry out. It should then reward you with beautiful flowers. However, Clematis are well known in taking time to sometimes bloom. The old saying is, "the 1st year they sleep, the 2nd year they creep and the 3rd year they leap". So your patience will definitely pay off!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Shirley:

Thank you for the link and the info. I have a photo of it somewhere (LOL). Yes, it was already in a one-gallon container when I got it, and the roots were coming throough the bottom.

I planted it outside to grow up the honeysuckle tree. I even put about a half inch of mulch around it. I am training the new shoots to wind up the tree.

I didn't know about the bone meal. I don't have any which means a trip to Home Depot - oh darn!!

Richmond Hill, GA

So jealous, that ones on my must have list. I heard it offered at Home Depot but not in my area. Good luck with yours.
Arlene

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.