Nature's Underwater Gardens II

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

John - what a great shot!!!!! You amaze me with what you get pics of! But if you are diving that often, I understand a little better. Jb feels lucky if he gets to dive 2 days in a week! You must be so patient underwater. Hmmm, maybe you need to bring some of that patience up to the computer screen....we need all the help we can get!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. John, I'm sure Shari would be more than happy to share her dunce hat with you. Anything to help!!! :~p

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

????????? what's that?????????? Why????????

LOL!!! I can't quit laughing now. The dunce hat from Garden Talk I think it was.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yes, I remember the hat....just can't think of why John would need it!

Hmmmm.........

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes, when we lived down south we spent a lot of time at the tide pools down below San Pedro and were amazed at the ever changing life that would appear as the tides went out. A baby octopus chasing around in a pool, sardines trapped as the tide went out, lots of sea urchins and star fish, crabs and other critters that kept my kids busy for many a day. It was always a fun outing.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

We have lots here. I like to go oceanside at low tide and see all the things that hang out. You can get a whole semester's worth of marine biology on one good day going from pool to pool. The high schoolers out here don't know how good they've got it.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Zany - I just read about your troll (on another forum). I've got at least one here as well! I wonder if they are related? Mine likes to do things like change the notes on the calendar to the wrong dates, and stuff like that! Darn troll....though I spose mine might be a sea sprite.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL, that troll does get around ;~} I think the ornery critter has relatives on every continent so for them to inhabit the islands is not beyond the realm of possibilities. I think I heard that sea sprites are easier to control since they are limited to life in the water and dry up and blow away if they try to come ashore but they can wreak havoc on a boat.

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

Not sure why either.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2007 6:30 AM

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

Since I seem to be wearing a dunce hat, as someone here has suggested, I guess that means I am too dumb to make any more posts here.....I'll be in the compost pile.

adios

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Whoa there John, I don't know nuthin" bout no dunce cap but I do know compost and you definately are not compost material! So get back here in the blue waters and keep posting those extraordinary pictures of under water life so I can continue having dreams of being a mermaid. I am living life vicariously through the lovely waters in all these magnificent pictures.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

John....when pepper mentioned the hat to me, it made me laugh...this was on another forum....she was hoping to get the same reaction from you....the hat was cuz you thought we weren't interested. She did not mean to imply that you were dumb. Please don't do this. It would be a shame to stop these postings, but I am not going to continue if you don't. Maybe we've done enough at that....this one is getting too long anyway, and I am not good enough to carry a third by myself.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

you are breaking my heart...

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi, mine too, but I am trying to get it fixed....stand by.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

I confess, I've been lurking. Please keep posting pictures, John. ;-)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Getting to hard to load this thread....be on the lookoout for UW Gardens III !!! Coming to a computer screen near you soon!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

bump

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.