What is your best find Antique/Collectible Part 2

Tampa, FL

How's that Jada? Now i can tell you about the best thing i have ever come across...i am a vintage jewelry dealer, had a shop at a local flea mkt. A gentleman came in with a box of vintage jewelry, mostly junk. purses etc. I looked at it and gave him a bid of 200.00 dollars for all...i thought i was being fair, which was important to me, wanted to keep my reputation as an honest dealer. There was a bar shaped brooch, that looked like a nice costume piece...it turned out to be real! (A visiting customer who deals in real told me to have it tested) I had it appraised at $12,000.00 retail!! The man never returned, and i wholesaled it out for $7,000.00. It was spectacular, art deco piece in white gold, with 2 amethyst cabochons, and the rest were diamonds...it was so large and had no designations of any kind on it, it looked like costume! i was thrilled! (so was my husband!) i doubt it will ever happen again...i feel that i made an honest mistake..and didn't cheat the gentleman...i bought new living room furniture with the money! sue

This thread has 69 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!