Oh Boy!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I got my order from Digging Dog today..it was my first order, but it will not be the last! I wondered why the box was so big, well I found out, it is because the plants are so large...
I got seven Salvias, some of them are my friends...
there is:
Salvia semiatrata
Salvia mexicana Limelight
Salvia melissodora (Yucca Do Form)
Salvia greggii Wild Thing
Salvia azurea Nekan
Salvia Santa Barbara
Salvia nemorosa Amethyst
I am so pleased with these plants, I can hardly wait to plant them. Can anyone think of anything to tell me about them?

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

YES! They're all wonderful! Have fun.
Sherry

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

You'll have to keep us updated how they do for you.I am interested in several of the ones you got but don't know how they will do under our challenging conditions.nancy

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

I also would like to know how they will do through the year.. I like the name of wild thing! Keep us posted.

Oh how nice! Have fun with them! Don't those plants have the most massive root systems?

Joseph

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I am in awe of the plants...I have a list of seven more Salvias I want from them...don't have a clue, as to where they will go..I need to sell some other plants to pay for my new ones...
Really, when I saw the box, I wondered why on earth it was so BIG, (there were two clematis in it too, and they are big too) I am afraid to look at their other plants, I will want them too.
I am going to repot them, and I will take some pictures.

Eureka, CA

I, too, got hooked when I ordered from Bluestone on their 1/2 price sale! Didn't know so many varieties existed! Can hardly wait to see them progress. (And, I just found this forum this evening ~ another "find"!)

Sanna

Hi Sanna,

I heard Bluestone had good plants too. What salvias did you get?

Joseph

Hebron, KY

I love Salvia 'Wild Thing'! Grew it for the first time last year and it's beautiful!

Here's the info on Dave's Garden PF, which includes 3 of my photos. Great Salvia!

I'll have to order Salvias next year at Digging Dog (for the first time).

Marilyn

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/51609/index.html

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the info. on Wild Thing, that one, is one of my friend, Karen's...I think she will find some good information in that link...

Eureka, CA

From Bluestone, I got AGASTACHE Honey Bee Blue and SALVIA greggii Wild Thing. And I recently purchased some others locally, but can't remember at the moment which ones. A clevelandii and a couple others. Looking forward to them all.

Palm Harbor, FL(Zone 9b)

Pooh!
Digging Dog can't ship to Florida for some reason! Pooh again!!

Adrienne

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Have them shipped to a friend elsewhere and have them send them again...

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Marilyn, your pictures of Wild Thing are beautiful! Can't wait til mine blooms. Also the Semiatrata is mine and the pretty green foliage is so unusual. It is very textured or maybe as they say, rugose? Not sure if I will have to bring it inside during the winter.

As Melva says, the plants are very nice...and big!

Karen

Hebron, KY

Thanks for the nice comments! You will love 'Wild Thing' in your garden!

Marilyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.