An Unusual garden friend (?)

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

This guy came to live in my garden this weekend. Hopefully he will be able to encourage the rabbits, woodchucks and other varmits to keep away...
His name is Spike.

Thumbnail by tamberlin
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

WOW, Spike is neat looking and certainly shouts out authority....rabbits beware!

Very nice, looks handmade. Great craftsmanship if so :)

Kim

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Cool! I love copper. Did you make it or purchase it?

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

That's really cool. Would love to have a Spike in my garden!

Karen

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Spike is indeed handmade. I adopted him from the artist (and I can't remember his name- darn!) at the South Shore Arts Festival this past weekend. We decided his name should be "Spike" because the poor artist had so many little holes in his fingers from Spikes spines and spikes.
So far Andrew the garden dog has not discovered Spike. I'm sure it will be dramatic when he does.

Tamberlin
PS: so far the rabbits have not noticed his threatening nature. One was munching away not two feet from him yesterday evening.....

Photo: The garden dog

Thumbnail by tamberlin
Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6b)

Maybe we should start a forum for hardscaping and ornaments? Here's my new addition Loves it!

Thumbnail by LadyCleo
Cranbury, NJ

Very nice. Our NJ rabbits don't scare too easy either. Our garden dog "Bear" just lays in the sun and watches all the little bunnies. Every once in a while he'll stretch in their direction.

Thumbnail by kiwiandsteve
Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6b)

I love both your new art work and your Garden Dog. I have a dog and 5 cats who "help" me with gardening. My female tuxedo cat sadly hunts dragonflys (my totem) and brings me their wings--sans bodies. I know she means well, but...
Anyway, here is said cat, Mariah, perched between 2 metal dragonflies as if awaiting the moment to pounce.

Thumbnail by LadyCleo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.