Please help deferenciate Durandii and Jackmanii Clem.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm totally confused which type I've. The one I pruned back severely, and it continues to produce flower all through summer, is that Jackmanii? The other bush I've, very similiar in shape, color, but appear smaller, is this then a Durandii. Please help.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ok, let me rephrase the question; what characteristics make the two different from one another? I pull them up and compare, the pics. available look identical to me.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

One diffference is the way they grow. Durandii will tumble along the ground rather than twine up a trellis or shrub.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ah, that makes it clear. My second purple clem. does have this sprawling habit. thank you, venu209.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Durandii is more blue and has a bright yellow center.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Back to the stage of confusion (it's quite common, lol). I don't remember the mentioned "durandii" is any more blue, and no yellow center, either. Perhaps, they both are Jackmanii? It's time for me to post some pics.
Thanks, doss.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Durandii

Thumbnail by doss
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Doss,
Thank you very much for making it clear. As it turn out, I've the Jackmanii, and not durandii. Now I'll look for the cultivar for ground cover project. Thanks again.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You're so welcome!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.