Broad Beans

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I have never grown these before, but a fellow DGer gifted them to me (Thank you, Rosie!), and I'm having a ball watching them grow. They seem very unique, to me...

Thumbnail by Sequee
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

The little flowers are simply adorable. At first I thought there was an insecto - or 10 - on my plant, then I realized these little beauties are the flowers!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

They look really cool. I'd actually love to see some pictures of your beds. DH built some above ground beds for me this year and I just love them.

Megan

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I'll get pix for you one of these days. Right now I'm just swamped. Unless you'd like to see pix of them when I first planted out?

Here's the bb today. I wonder when I'm supposed to pick them?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Ok - let's try this again, WITH the photo...

Thumbnail by Sequee
Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

WOW!!! Your beans look wonderful!!!! If you happen to have the time, then yes, I would be veeeerrry interested in seeing your photos from when you first planted out. I am trying beans by seed this year and would be very interested in your pictures of they type of beans you grew out. TYfor the recent picture!

Megan

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

They are so exciting. The rest of the beans are coming up, too, though the trellis area is just not filling in as I'd hoped. I think the French Duet Pole Beans were old, and only half of them germinated, though I keep going back and adding more. I also think the bugs are worse in that particular area , though they don't seem to be bothering anything in the sq ft beds, just a couple of feet away. Go figure!

I sure wish I knew when to pick them. Since I just planted a few plants, I won't get enough to really feast on unless I can pick them, shell them, and save them until there are enough in. Do you know anything about storing them until the others come along? Guess I will need to do some research - and fast!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.