Happy Father's Day!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi all you tropical folks! I great big wish for a Happy Father's Day to all the dad's among us - and a Happy Day to all the non dad's as well. I'm fixing a big Mexican meal for my men folk when they come back in from a day of diving (DH) and boating (DD, SIL and friends and kids). Of course its Sunday here - and propably not where you all are (some),... We are having Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole for appetizers, Chile Verde Enchiladas, Tamales, Esalada Posole, and frijoles for dinner.....and maybe flan and cookies for dessert. This is what my man wanted for his Father's Day din-din. So tell me, what are you all doing for this special day?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cooking ribs, burgers, brats, deviled eggs, some veggies, and baked beans for dinner. My brothers and my grandma are coming over for this feast. And I'm making my baby brother work on my truck while he's here. He's gonna work on it if I have to hog tie him to it. lol. He's been putting it off for several months. That's about it. Maybe watch some truck and tractor pulling on a DVD if we feel like it.

Happy Father's Day to all the Father's on here!! Hope you guys have/had a great day and enjoy being pampered for once. :~p

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Sounds yummy!!!! but....truck and tractor pulling???!!! I guess it takes all kinds! ha ha.

LOL. My other brother does truck pulling, my baby brother does mechanical work at the shows because his boss also pulls, and I have a friend and coworker who does tractor pulling. It's a big thing around here. Fun to go to but very,very loud. I can't go to them any more because they are so loud. And it gets louder as the night goes on.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Geesh! I never realized that was actually an entertainment form! I guess if you are involved, and have friends involved it would be a lot of fun. I'm gonna show off my ignoranc here and ask.....What do they pull? Sorry to be so dumb, but I betcha you've never been to a hermit crab race now, have ya?

LOL. No I haven't and it sounds like fun!! Here is a link explaining it for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tractor_pulling

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Seven engines!!! Jet engines!!!! Boy, these are some SERIOUS competitors! I can imagine it gets loud! You better protect your ears, child - they are the only ones you got! Whew! Looks like it could get exciting! Have lots of fun, and enjoy your feast!

Yokwe,
Shari

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Living in Texas with "goat ropers" in my home I have also been to tractor pulls. Must say it is not my cup of tea either. The fumes and the noise did me in. Shari, a goat roper does not rope goats. They are more like urban cowboy wanta be's. My son is now 41 and living in Tulsa OK. He married a girl "barrel racer" and they have 5 horses. They are on a trailride right now somewhere in the mountains of Oklahoma. His girl, my grandaughter lives in Decatur,TX with her mother and she is flying in to stay with him for 3-4 weeks. She is a dancer, ballet, but when she is with him she can ride with the best. I have always been the one in the stands cheering them all on. Now with your wonderful posts, I have another to cheer and pray for.
I'd like to have Sunday dinner with you and Pepper....think I would fit right in. Absolutely love reading all your posts.

LOL. You are more than welcome!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

so nosy.....it seems that you two have know each other from somewhere other than DG.....is that true?....or am I just reading too much between the lines?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Lou - I second that welcome! Come to dinner anytime. I used to ride my uncle's horses in Mexico. Never got into any of the stunt stuff they show on rodeo's and such like......for me it was pretty much a method of transportation. But I did go through horsey withdrawal when I got married and moved to Colorado. Found a place to ride for a bit, then just out grew it I guess. Haven't been on a horse for years (decades!)! Yikes, now I feel old! Also used to surf - on the long boards., I see these kids out there with these little boards attached with a leash to their ankles, and it just gives me fits! I have visions of boards crashing into heads, etc. Don't know how they do it. I am strictly a rocking chair athlete these days! However, I will still play softball if I get a chance!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Nope - just good DG buddies! (big smile)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

So you don't dive? Now why did I ask that when I see your gorgeous pictures all the time. I would say riding a horse is a piece of cake in comparison.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2007 9:28 PM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Wouldn't you both be surprised if I somehow managed to get there. However, pepper is closer to home.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I don't dive anymore....ear problems, Doc said no. And here, you have to pass the medical before you can get your diver's card. I used to dive, and my husband still dives like a porpoise. He takes the pictures. I snorkel and swim - they can't keep me from doing that. I pay the price in ear aches and headaches, but I just can't stay away. I'm as much a fish as an old lady can be. And in our lagoon, snorkeling is almost as good as diving! Just can't get to the deep parts or dive the wrecks (which I never much cared for anyway).

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Pepper is most definately closer! LOL....but if you do go to MO - you two gotta raise a glass to me! I'll be there in spirit!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

HEY...I am here with you all in Fathers Day Spirit. I raised my son alone...so I always considered Father's Day just like Mother's Day. No change here...we just did what we do and then had brats and sauerkraut for dinner!!! Wish I were at your house!!!!

Aloha nui loa...

and love

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Funny - we had brats and sauerkraut the night before Father's Day!! - Another example of great minds (and tummy's) thinking alike. :-)

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I'm gonna be gone for a week to Bellingham, Wash. to visit my son and granddaughter....so if I am silent, I am just busy...it is NOT because I ran away!!!

Carol

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Have a wonderful visit!!!! But remember - we will miss you!

Yokwe,
Shari

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Yokwe...and I will miss YOU!!!

Aloha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.