child proofing & reasonable amounts of clothes for children

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

Hi, i've been trying to work towards baby steps with getting rid of things and making various areas nice(r)...front porch is doing ok :-)
Today i had to buy hasp locks and keyed locks for cabinets and dressers as well as a bike lock to put on the fridge doors (two doors on top & a freezer on the bottom which i have to contact mfr for advice)...my oldest is 5!
Does anyone have some suggestions that go beyond basic child proofing (ie the devices that you can buy in baby section)? My oldest daughter is developmentally delayed & falls in the autism spectrum and i'm almost 100% positive that when she's old enough to be evaluated for ADD/ADHD that we will have an additional variable to deal with. She is very clever and is TALL for 5, my middle daughter is a 3 1/2 yr old pixie rock climber & my son who is just over a week away from his 2nd birthday is a moose with monkey like tendencies.....i feel doomed!
Any and all suggestions that can protect our groceries (we are talking all sorts of food including icecream found everywhere....the fridge has the loopy locks as well as a couple of the cabinets), dangerous items (they can open the loopy locks & climb...upper cabinets are vulnerable) and even just keep things where they belong (clothes IN dressers) is appreciated.
Like i mentioned today i bought more regular locks and hasps to use on cabinets and drawers and bike lock for fridge....

Now that there is some ray of hope that we can keep clothes in place ( i do plan on having an open drawer for some dress up type stuff) i'm trying to figure out what are the basics necessary and a good amount...a week's worth...two weeks' worth, etc
I have had & continue to fight tendencies to shop in order to soothe myself when stressed, etc.

Again, i appreciate any and all insight....i don't want to go bare bones, but i don't want to have so many clothes that some aren't worn either

thanks,
lynda

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!