Homemade Baby Food

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

So much less expensive than the store bought.

I used to save all the baby food containers when I bought it. Then when I got enough, I started using my blender to blend up canned peaches, pears, green beans, peas, carrots, or whatever else you choose. Pour into the containers and pop them into the freezer. Thaw them out and feed to baby. I saved a BUNCH of money on baby foods. One can of greenbeans makes several servings for baby, and costs way less than the same number of portions purchased as baby food. Matter of fact, I used to buy the big restaurant sized cans, blend them up and make big batches. The big cans are even cheaper.
Not to mention, that you can use fresh carrots, greenbeans, and good things from your own garden.
It worked well for me. To be able to stop working and stay home with baby, I had to figure out how to make our budget stretch. And this was one way for me.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!