(1gardengram) Diane Donner

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Diane Donner, known within DG as 1gardengram

Diane Donner, age 69, passed away Monday, June 11, 2007. Diane was a member of The Church of the Open Door.

She is survived by two daughters, Robin (Douglas), Cheryl (Joseph), one son Eric (Jennifer), one brother, Duane, 12 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

A memorial service will be held at The Church of the Open Door at 4 p.m. Saturday, June 16, 2007. Burial will be private.

Diane became a member of Dave's Garden April 18, 2004, and frequented many forums, including Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening, Perennials, Irises, Hostas, and African Violets and Gesneriads. Diane also helped in PlantFiles by adding 4 plants, 11 images, 20 zipcode reports and 48 Details. She also helped other gardeners with mail order decisions by posting 4 comments and ratings in the Garden Watchdog.

Her dear DG friend, Pirl, helped with this initial post, and in her own words:

Quoting:
Diane loved her family, her garden and her friends and they loved her, too. Her faith and trust in God never wavered.

Diane will be missed by many of us lucky enough to become friends with her on Dave's Garden.

Thumbnail by Joan
Crossville, TN

I am sorry to hear of Diane's passing....the picture shows some beautiful grandchildren that will miss her a lot.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

God's Blessings....Jo

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Diane sent me a poem about the end of life, back in December, and though all of it applies to her I think the most fitting part of it is:

"What will matter is not how many people you knew
but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone"

I'll remember our shared laughs and her optimistic outlook on life as well as her devotion to church and family, and always, always the lilies she loved so much.

Arlene/pirl

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Diane was such a kind and bighearted lady, a true Garden Angel.

My heartfelt sympathies to her beloved family.

Ursula

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I am sure I read some of Diane's posts.

Sympathy to her family on her passing. I think of heaven as looking like a Thomas Kinkade cottage full of flowers for us gardeners, Diane has taken up residence in one of them.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I just had Diane on my mind yesterday...I had no idea that she had passed away.

She was always a kind and welcoming lady. I enjoyed our talks in my short time here on DG. I regret that we never met in person. It's certainly my loss.

Sympathies to her family.

Bev

Virginia Beach, VA

Can we have an address to send cards? thank you, Bellie

Please contact me through Dmail for the address. Thank you.

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

That picture reminds me of my own Gram so very much. May God bless and comfort Diane's family and friends during this time...all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Diane fought hard against very difficult health conditions. I will miss her presence here.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I will miss her posts but I know she is in the garden we all can only hope to reach some day and along with all the other wondreful gardeners it will be so beautiful when and if I ever get there to see it. God loves beautiful things so He brings then home when there job is done here on earth
Gloria

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, Diane had very difficult health problems, in and out of hospitals, etc. Through it all, she was most worried about who would mulch her dahlias adequately and who would look after her garden while she was in the hospital. She also was quite devote to her greatgrandchildren, not to mention the rest of her extended family. She will be missed!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

She was a very kind lady. I shared emails with her and always felt like she was interested in what I had to say. I will miss her.

Diane had a beautiful spirit and a beautiful way with words. My sympathies and prayers go out to her family.

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die. Diane will be one of these loving angels within us. May her family have solice in knowing that so many loved her.

In His Love,
Kathy

Pageland, SC(Zone 7b)

I am Diane's oldest daughter, Robyn and I sit here with tears streaming down my face as I read all the wonderful words written about my loving mother. It is such a joy to see that she touched so many people as she lovingly touched her family. She told me nearly everday about the friends she had made and the wonderful plants she recieved from so many. She loved you all! Her death was quiet and painless and all her children and grandchildren were present with her in those last moments. She was ready to go home to her Lord and we know that she is helping Him with His gardens now. I don't know how the picture of her and the Great-grandchildren was posted but thank-you so much. As a result of her passing and the desire to be with her some day the 5 yr. old came to Christ yesterday. Her garden will be kept by myself and her grand-daughter, Jamie and her beloved violets are home with me. I am my mothers seed and my garden is even larger than hers. I will think of her daily as so many of my plants came from her. We were never happier than when out dirty and sweaty tending our gardens together. I have no-one to call anymore when a new plant grows or blooms. I will miss that so much! Thank-you to everyone for all the kind thoughts and prayers sent our way! As a family it is comforting to know we are not the only ones remembering her and her happy spirit!

Dear Robyn,

Your name is so perfect for you and would have made your mom so very proud of you - even more than she was, if that's possible.

She was never happier than having your help in the garden! It worked both ways.

Your mom sent me the photo and I sent it on to Joan who created this thread in honor and in memory of Diane Donner, your mother and a friend to so many of us here. Please share your joys of gardening with the members of Dave's Garden. We're so happy to have her seed with us!

Sincerely,
Arlene/pirl

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Robyn, it is soooo good to see you posting. Your post made me cry, and then when Pirl pointed out your new DG name, I cried even harder. It is very appropriate, and yes, your Mom is smiling down on you because she is so happy that you are now with us. :)

Hugs and Blessings,

Joan

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Robyn, you call on us here at DG when a new plant grows or blooms....don't be a stranger here. You'll find your Mom still here in spirit. Love and Blessings,
Kathy

Victoria Harbour, ON

My condolences to you and your family....YOU can tell us about your plants sweetie..we'll be glad to read the posts....

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

Robyn
we are all wanting you to share your gardening ides with us and your plants even pics that you have taken,that is why DG is here for gardeners to share things with each other wether its pics ,plants that are blooming or you got them new or want to know info on it or whatever the cas myabe so please share with us we love that
and if i can help you in anyway plmk ok? god bless

Robin
I too found myself a bit teary eyed after your post ... and thought how appropriate your name is. :) I can't add anything better than what's already been said, so I'll just say a big welcome to DG from waaay down south.
Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

Virginia Beach, VA

Robyn,
Your garden will always remind you of your Mom. I am a complete stranger but gardening is a hobby where my garden is a place to unwind. It relaxes me when I stroll the yard and take a look and notice how all plants are doing. I even talk to my plants!!! LOL!!! It is a place to reflect the good things and you'll find yourself reflecting your relationship with your Mom.What a nice thing to do writing your feelings and sharing with your Moms friends. Take care. Bellie

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

So sorry for your great loss. Your truly a wonderful daughter.blessings..

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

As we lost Carmen yesterday, it made think of Diane. I miss her....and I hope her family is doing well.
Janet

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I have been praying for Diane's family and know that she is in heaven gardening in the most beautiful garden anywhere. She will be missed here at DG.
Lani

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, I just read that Diane has passed and I am so saddened at the loss of a sweet friend.
No wonder I was missing her.
Sidney

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

I have been thinking about Diane today, it was just 2 years ago when we were happily writing on a Remember When thread, and she and I shared photos of my one grandson and all of hers. She was a great DG friend, and I miss our Christmas correspondence.
You blessed our lives with your wit and wisdom, Diane. You are very much missed.
Sharon

Yes, very much missed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.