June 15

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Ten days without a post - that's got to be a record for this forum. Come on everybody - let's hear an update!

Stan is finished with first cutting. He has some old meadow mowed up at his brother's that he hopes to get in for bedding, but other than that, the hay is in the barn. We've had three boys helping on and off - never all together - and the old saying "one boy, one boy; two boys, half a boy; three boys no boy at all," applies to the current generation as well as all those that went before. We had a lone Amish boy unloading in the morning ( they get out of school in early May) and DGS and a friend unloading in the afternoon after school. Stan said it worked out to the same amount of work. The amount of cookie and brownie eating and beverage consumption did, however, increase geometrically!

We are dry. There was a freak thunderstorm in nearby Jamestown that knocked down trees and gave them a drenching, but all we got were rumbles, a stiff breeze and a quick shower. I had to get out my ancient and decrepit sprinkler to put on the raised vegetable bed. It's easy to tell I don't use it often - took 1/2 an hour for me to figure out how to set it. I was very wet, but it felt good in the hot sun - like running through the sprinkler when we were kids.

Guess I'll go out and plant some more stuff before it gets hot.

Hope to hear from you all!

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 8:14 AM

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!