My French Quarter is gone.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sadly my French Quarter and one of my other Heuchs was destroyed by Mooshkas digging. She hasn't dug in that spot before. I don't know what led her to dig now, but she got those 2,,,Bad dog! I went to see if Eminence had another and they were sold out. Then I found one at another Nursery but they don't do mail order and only had 1 or 2 left. Guess the waiting game starts!

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Oh that's a shame! Your dog must have talked to mine about destroying plants we really like. It's always the spot where they've never bothered stuff before that they go to.
If I come across one I'll give you a heads up.

MollyD

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Molly

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

That is a bummer about your French Quarter. And here is some more bad news about French Quarter that I was recently told:

"Terra Nova has discontinued 'French Quarter'. 'French Quarter' has unstable chromosomes and in tissue culture many of the plants produced do not have that coloration and have to be discarded. They come true from vegetative division but that's a slow process."

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

gold,
That's terrible. Now I may never get one,,,,Bad Bad Doggie! They did that with I think it was Peachy Keen also.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

My biggest problem is squirrels like to dig them up....hope they don't get my French Quarter!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ah squirrels, yes, I hope not either.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

GG - If mine survives and it gets big enough (very small right now), I'll share a piece with you.

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

What a bummer Kelly! Does Mooshka usually dig in your beds? God help her if she gets near your Amime Tachi!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

gf,
Thanks I'll hold you to that,,,lol

Erynne,
She could never reach a bed until this one went in. She isn't a real big digger and she didn't dig in it last year. I don't know what prompted her to dig in it this year. I put 2 hostas with their markers there and so far she hasn't been in there again that I know of. I'll have to check it out. One of the hostas perked right up when I replanted it and the other didn't. I so hope I didn't lose that one. It's Cherry Tart. New this year from Naylor Creek and a little Pricey I might say. Heaven Forbid Anything gets to Amime Tachi. That's in a different bed that she can't get to. It's on the other side of the house by the driveway.

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

You might have to get Miss Mooshka her own sandbox! This is your place to dig and that is mine! Aw but what do you do really.....just the same with kids except my plants are ducking from frisbees, hockey pucks and soccer balls.
Did you pot up Cherry Tart to recuperate? Sure is a pricey one but I'd pay it to be able to have that one .....which of course can't be found in these parts, grrrr. I really like what I see with regards to Alttara Scheer's hostas. Is this person a man or woman (just curious)?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I pout it back in the ground and watered it well hoping that will do it. If it doesn't look good today, I'll pull it out and pot it up. I'm not sure if it's a man or a woman. I would tend to guess woman but I don't know.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Just put Cherry Tart in a glass of water. I'll leave it for a few days and then pot it up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.