MAD CRAZY COLOR ECHOES AND ODD PICTURES

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I couldn't think of what to call this thread, but I took some odd (in a good way) pictures through the columbines at other colors in my postage stamp garden.

xxx, carrie

my one poppy through tequila sunrise columbines (I think - no contacts yet!)

This message was edited Jun 14, 2007 6:20 AM

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Buff-colored Silver Scrolls heuchera's flowers through Tequila Sunrise.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2007 6:22 AM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Geum and lupines through T. S. columbines.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2007 6:26 AM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Somehow I really like the pale Silver Scrolls' flowers with the outrageous Tequila Sunrises. I can be both subtle and outrageous at once, can't I?

This message was edited Jun 14, 2007 6:32 AM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

This might be the same I already posted, but I saved this as "color echoes".

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

This is a whole shot of this tiny garden. I was trying for a pink-orange-color scheme - more of salmon or something. I guess I was hoping the colors would combine to produce one of my favorite colors.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

This is Amaryllis 'Rilona'. I love this color. It's the color of my bedroom and most of my wardrobe! We can't grow Hippoeastrum year round up hre, at least not without a lot of work.

Forgive my crazy, blurry, shots, please.

xxx, Carrie

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I LOVE your color combinations! Here's one you should try. Salsa lilies.

Thumbnail by revclaus
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Another one. A little different, but would go with your combo.

Thumbnail by revclaus
Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Carrie - Gorgeous!! I love the lupines & geum through the T. Sunrise columbines!! Pinks, corals & oranges ( and next to blues) are my 'thing' at the moment! Samantha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

This tiny garden came about because one year (a few years ago) we had a great year for coreopsis moonbeam, stella d'oro daylilies, and yellow yarrow - all at once. This is the un-yellow garden, LOL.

Do you have something to post with me here?

xx, Carrie

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Carrie, I don't have anything that pretty! I *LOVE* those 'Tequilla Sunrise' Columbine with everything! They are just soooo pretty! You probably have a zillion hummingbirds, don't you?

I did have a red bed, but it isn't coming out well at all. I try for single color beds, or bed that harmonize and always end up wrecking it before it's finished.

Suzy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

No, I haven't seen ANY this year. There was one (1) at my honeysuckle last year.

xxxx, Carrie

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I have lots of hummingbirds - they seem to like everything not just reds. If you want to add some real WOW to your combination, plant a magic carpet spirea - bright pink flowers and yellow green foliage, and add some magenta to your reds and oranges. That's my new combo for one bed - also purple!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, Caitlin, there are some hot pink Monarda and pale pink lisianthus scheduled to be popping up soon! I think there IS a magic carpet spirea - well some kind of spirea that has pink and red at the same time blooms? And there's a QuickFire hydrangea behind the columbine. Patience, patience.

xxxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.