How Do You Make Sure You Have Color All Season Long

Riverton, UT(Zone 6a)

I am now starting the 2nd year at my home that started out as waist high weeds. At first I just did a few beds and added seeds which did fairly well last year. Ive now added 3 more beds that are 8ft x 120ft. yes im crazy. But I want to have them filled in by next year with plants. So i am try to get a sequence of flowers to seed next to each other that will bloom in different times of the season. I hate when Ive got a section that blooms at once and then looks shabby after.

So if anyone could help me with plants that are great bloomers that are in spring, early summer, summer, late summer, and fall so I can spread them out and have a equally colorful yard it would be appreciated. I also am looking for plants that are reliable and will grow good from seed.

I would love to see pics if you've got them.

OH IM IN ZONE 6 (utah)

So far this is what Ive got in mind:

Spring:
obviously bulb bulb and more bulb, bleeding heart,

Later spring:
lambs ear,lilac,basket of gold, cand tuft, foxglove, sweet william, collinbine,

Early Summer: indian blanket, shasta daisy, coneflower, hollyhock, malva, roses, coreopsis, lupine, yarrow

Mid Summer: liatrus, dahlia, armanthus, sunflower, gladiolas, YES I AM NO GOOD AT SPELLING THESE LOL.... clover, verbena moss, zinnia (attempting these but they dont look so hot) ,speedwheel, cosmos,

There are more but my mind is blank

Lesh

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!