integrifolias

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Here is my purple one....

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

and integrifolia 'Alba'

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I love integrifolias! Their blooms are so graceful, dainty and add such simple elegance to one's garden! I think that many people over look these Clematis for the bigger bolder ones, but they are a source of joy to me.

How do you have them growing in your garden? Are they scrambling through other plants or are you using them as a ground cover?

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I use them as a ground cover. But the Alba is getting so big that I have part of the plant tied to a trellis and part of it as a ground cover. Otherwise I'm afraid it will suffocate some of the plants around it.

I see Klehm's Song Sparrow has a very pretty pink one now - 'Rosea'.....maybe next year :)

That's very interesting about Integrifolia 'Alba". She sounds very vigorous, but her blooms are so lovely that one doesn't mind her romp through the garden.

Here is Integrifolia 'Rosea', which is brand new this year, so the blooms will only get better and more numerous with time.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh, you have Rosea! That is such a pretty color. I'm sure that's gorgeous in the garden!

Thanks goldfinch4! I still have Rosea growing in a 1 gallon container because I only purchased it this year. She isn't quite ready for my garden yet. She still has to develop a better root system first. Plus, I prefer to plant in the Fall when my temps and moisture levels are at a more consistant level.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I'll be looking forward to more pictures once you get it planted.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

aren't they sweet..I only am growing two..."Petite Faucon" and "Haukree"...Jeanne

Thanks goldfinch4 & Jeanne. As you both know, Clematis only get better with time!

Oh yeah, I've got "Alionuska" "Heather Herschell" & "Petit Faucon" growing in my garden too.

Here's "Alionuska".

This message was edited Jun 13, 2007 5:49 PM

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

"Heather Herschell's" face.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

"Heather Herschell", a different view.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

"Petit Faucon"

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

How about a little "Inspiration" growing in my Japanese Pine tree?

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Very pretty! Your Alionuska looks like it's glowing - love it!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

How pretty..I do love Heather Hershell!!....Jeanne

Thanks so much goldfinch4 & Jeanne!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.