Shirley, These are for you, Hope your feeling better!!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Finally after months waiting, They had frozen in early spring, Blooms Wonderful blooms!!!
Florida seboldii (ms). For everyone really, just wanted Shirley to feel Special .

This message was edited Jun 11, 2007 8:50 PM

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

and Princess Di !

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Miss Bateman !!

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

H.F. Young

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

One of my seedling I started last year!!!

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Roougi (I,m having a hard time spelling lol)

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Another shot of F.S.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

And a couple of Rose's for good measure.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

The Same rose's open

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh Gary, your Clematis & Rose blooms are beautiful! They bring a smile to my face and I feel better just looking at all your lovely flowers! Thank you SO MUCH for your very thoughtful thread! It is greatly appreciated! :~)

Shirley

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

They are all very pretty, but I really like Princess Di and your seedling!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Shirley glad you enjoyed! Goldfinch, The seedling is actually Blue with the red bars, in the picture it looks more purple. Have 12 seedling but it is the only one that has bloomed.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Blue is so pretty too.- either way it's nice. I hope the others bloom too because it's a beauty!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

I'm hoping to get some intersting blooms on the seedlings. I gathered seed heads from different ones and planted them in pots a couple of years ago, not really expecting much as I have never had luck with them germinating. They all came up and are doing really well this year.

This message was edited Jun 12, 2007 5:59 PM

It sounds like your are wintersowing your seeds, Gary. Do you keep the containers with seeds outdoors all your round?

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

I do, I mulch around them. I put them in bigger pot's, Gallon sized, earlier this spring. The one that is bloom though is one that seeded on it's own from HF Young. If you recall I had mentioned last year that I had several seedling in the garden itself. It is one of them, last fall I dug only one of them and potted it up and it took off. hate to doubled post a pic but here it is again.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I sure do hope Shirley is feeling more like herself these days!!..Gary your clematis are divine..Jeanne

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Thanks Jeanne, was hoping you would chim in. Your's too are beautiful. My Rosemoor didn't come back after the spring freeze, maybe next year?

Gary

Gary: Congratulations on wintersowing your Clematis seeds! We have a hybridizer amongst us! BIG GRIN!!! :~) Personally, I like your seedling even better than H.F. Young because of the lovely colored "starburst" effect!

Hi Jeanne: I'm doing okay. Every day gets a little bit easier. I'm moving at about the same speed as "Yertle the Turtle".....slow but steady!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.