Meet our newest addition...

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

LOL...stop screaming, I'm not that crazy. It's not mine, it's Ted's. Meet Poison Stormy Night or Stormy Poison Night or something like that...call name Stormy. I call him Thor...god of thunder and other stuff...cause he makes as much noise...and he just looks like a Thor. He's a TWH without a hair on him that's not black. He's only 4 years old and acts like it. Ted dropped him off on Saturday. He was locked in the front pasture with Thump (poor Thump is just the all purpose babysitter these days) for the first 24 hours. At one point Thor is pulling on Thump's halter and Thump is just looking at me to come save him. Sunday morning when I went out, Thump came up to the fence and when Thor tried to come up, Thump sent two barrels at him so I knew he'd had enough and let him back out with the others in the back pasture.
D does NOT like Thor and has attacked him more times that I can count, over the fence. I will say that Thor stands very nice for iodine and swat on D bite boo-boo's. We now have horses (read Thor) screaming constantly...and for no apparent reason. Just heard him scream as I was writing this and went to look and everyone else is way out back in the back pasture, no where near him. He must just be lonely. And, I've lost the front pasture for Joey. I took Thor out this morning and tied him up to let Joe out for a while and Thor wrapped him self up around the post in about 10 seconds and screamed the entire time. Joe had about 15 mins out then it started pouring.
Ted was going to take D over to a friends house who has 18 acres and one horse but I wouldn't let him. D is Maya's babysitter and we don't worry about anything happening to her with him around. Told him to wait till he's sold or the end of the summer. Now that D and Thor are trying to kill each other over the fence, Thor is going over to the friends house...I though yesterday, I hope soon.
Oh and the funny part....Ted is selling D cause he's getting too difficult to ride. He got here with Thor and threw a saddle on him. Rode him down the road and back. His friend Don gets on and gets halfway down the road and Thor bucks him off. Ted's idea of owning a horse is they are out in pasture till you want to ride then you throw them in trailer and go ride. I've never seen him work with any of them other than when he helped us to get Lady into the trailer the first time. He just doesn't want to be bothered. So what does he do? He buys a 4 year old...LOL.

Thumbnail by DevilDogs
This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!