Journeys End seedlings bloom

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I have a bloom from one of my Journeys End seeds to share. It favors the Journeys End in form but the color came out a bright red orange. So far, two out of four of the Journeys End seedlings have bloomed. Here is the first one. It is short about 2 feet tall so far. You can see the second bloom in the back ground to the left.

Thumbnail by gardener2005

Here is the second bloom. This one appears to have reverted to a more species form. It is not as full or fancy as the first one. Interesting...

I have two more and I`ll come back and post whenever they bloom. If anyone else has a Journeys End seedling please feel free to either start your own thread or you can post your picture here if you`d like. :)

This is it for now. I`ll be back later with more pictures of Journeys End seedlings.

Phoenix, AZ

The color in the 1st pic is gorgeous!

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Very nice. Congratulations!

Tammie

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Gardener,I like your seedling in first pic more than journeys end.I have journeys end too and the colours always look washed out to me

Thumbnail by brical1

Thanks! I got another Journey`s End seedling on the way with a so far nice looking budding out. The Mom, Journeys End is blooming soon too. Maybe,I`ll fix up some side by side comparisons. It will be about a week or so.

Here is seedling #3 from journeys end. I reminds me of pink lemonaid in color. But that name might be taken. I like the buttery yellow outlines contrasting with the pink shadings.

Does anyone else have and seedlings results form the Journeys End seeds?

This message was edited Jun 23, 2007 5:23 PM

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow, that last one is fabulous!

I'm growing journey's end for the first time this year. What was your pollen parent for these?

I like these because they are short only 2 feet tall so far. But it will take another year to grow out more and see how tall they can get.

The second one stands out because it has the pattern like the Journeys End with more intense color.

I did spread some pollen around to avoid too much selfing in the seeds. I smeared some pollen off the Rosemond Coles and also Moulin Bronte ( forgot how to spell those) on several of the flowers but I didn`t mark them so I`m unsure if it is selfed or the result of spreading pollen form these other two cultivars.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Ah......I can't help but think that third one is a rosemond cole cross then, don't you think?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.