Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 7

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

This is where we came from .
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/727300/
Don't forget to look at Peps last few Pics there .

Thumbnail by ginger749
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cool plant!! What is it? I've seen it before-I think. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

Definately looks like there should be fish in there .
The plant is something new ?
I have not shown it before .
You are thinking of the Lilly Pilly I uset for a thread last year .

I have probably seen it in PF pictures. I don't remember you posting it before.

I doubt if it is in PF pictures .
This is as rare as Rocking Horse S-tuff .

lol. Then I have probably seen something that looks similar.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

hmmm, I don't know what it is, but it is unusual... love all your pictures Pepper, the last one is really pretty.

And I still have more!! LOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm glad you had such a great day... I'm trying to get ready for summer break, this will be the last week of school. It's always a transition for all!

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I start working tomorrow... 3 1/2 years of freedom come to a screeching halt! LOL Just finished bathing 3 dogs and cutting one down to almost nothing. The other two got partial trims.. now a partial trim on these dogs can take 2 hours.. been at it all day long! My back is very tired. I am glad to have it done though. They seem happy... except Shiloh.. she can't figure out where her hair went... about 6" cut off.

Tammie

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Tammie ! glad you got those doggies trimmed up... good luck tomorrow, I hope it all goes well - first days can be weird.... what are you going to be doing?

I trimmed my daughters hair today too - about the same as Shiloh!!!! It's still well past her shoulders. It was waaay too long,

Shiloh only has long hair left on the top of her head, ears and tail. I weighed the hair that did not blow away while I was trimming them... 3 pounds! most came off Shilloh but I did cut a lot off Mistys back and Skys feet. That is a LOT of hair... 3/4 of a 10 gallon container. It is amazing how much hair these dogs have on them. I brushed out a small trash can full off Shiloh and Misty last night! Just getting them ready for today. These dogs are a full time job!

Tammie

Tammie , Sounds like you did a great job on the Dogs .
Good luck with your new job .

Pep We are all waiting for some more of YOUR Pics .

Gotta wait longer. Will post more later tonight.

Here is an over-all view of our Cliff face we play on .
This is in the UBD . We always have a BBQ there .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Looks fun. Was gonna try rock climbing once, then my friend that acted like he knew what he was doing fell down a little cliff and banged himself up pretty well. No thanks.

This one's for you Red--it's a pic of my largest messy area. Anyone is invited to come pull weeds anytime

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh, wow I would love to dig in your dirt - wish you were closer, that looks like you have alot of property - wish I did... it's not that messy, you know!

Kell - that cliff looks fun and scary to me... but I'd join for the BBQ

Tammie hope you had a good first day !

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I was going to zoom in on some of the really bad stuff for comedic effect, maybe I'll get some time this week, we are getting some rain now. We are fortunate to have close to 2 acres, which already had blueberry bushes and a garden when we moved.

Yep, more support for Tammie, hope you enjoyed it!

That's OH nearing the top in red T-shirt .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Here's a not so pretty view of the lake. That's a concrete chunk sticking out. I think they used that spot at one time for a sumping ground for extra concrete. There's alot of it in that small area.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Looks a bit like Lock Ness ?

LOL

This is to the left of the last pic.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Do you see many Birds and Ducks in the water there ?

Lots of birds because it is all natural there right now. No development. That will change though because they are planning on putting baseball fields out there. There are woods on the south and parts of the east and north sides and the rest is fields. Lots of red tailed fox and other wildlife out there. I haven't seen geese out there though.

Next time you go .
Could you get me a Pic of the Red Tailed Fox Please ?

That will be next to impossible. lol. They move really fast. We get them here at the house too. I will try though if I remember. I don't have a camera that takes instant pics right now so it will have to be the right situation.

TaaM8 .

Hello, survived today.. first day of a real job... well, orientation so far.....got home, let the poor dogs out then over to moms to plant some hostas, coleus and lily of the valley. I am beat... also bought her a musa basjoo hardy bananna... little one but I hear they really grow. She is excited. Got it from the seller advertising in the classifieds... ordered on saturday and it was here today!

Nice lake.. I could jump in it right now... tired, hot and dirty. LOL

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Tammie, glad to hea about it, your mom's garden sounds like it will really be nice-I just got my first basjoos this year.

pepper, if you are able to catch a fox pic, I'd love to see it, too. I've only seen foxes in the wild twice in my lifetime, they are fast, but, they are soooo gorgeous!lake pics are nice.

We're going to camp this weekend in Joyce Kilmer National Park-it has the last virgin forest with the oldest trees on the east coast. We're going because once a year the fireflies mate -putting on quite a light show. I'll try to catch some pics while we're there.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh cool canna - hope you get some good pictures!

* Tammie, you came home your first day of work and gardened at your moms? - You are a good daughter! Hope work is good. I don't have a basjoos, guess I'm the only one!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm hoping everyone can hang, I think me and DD are the most experienced campers, and I'm not crazy about having to mother a whole group of folks, get the tent set up without BF tearing it up, gotta keep my friend away from the stove, he almost broke it once, and people tend to forget that for a fire, you need wood.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

lol - you are funny, keep everyone in line. ... the closest I've come to camping is living in a small cabin for a few days at the beach ... or sleeping in the backyard when I was a kid.... I know you are all ashamed for me right now.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

.. oh wait, I take it back, I camped when I was a teenager with friends @ Sisters, OR on a lake -that was ssuper fun!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

We'll be close to a lake, too, looking forward to that. Lake water is usually too cold for me to really get all the way into in the mtns. but we'll see, I have a little boat, so that should be fun.

I guess I'm saying all this cause BF is not exactly a rugged outdoorsmen, the other guy is pretty urban too, single dad and his child is wide open, and one of the guys camped with us at a festival (not even real woods or camping) and had to be babysat the whole time. BUT I almost forgot his new girlfriend seems kinda tough, so I'll let her manage him..lol

Well what a crappy start to my day .
Thanks for nothing DG .
I had 73 items on my (There is 73 updated thread in your Thread Watcher.)
Well I thought someone has been buisy last night posting on all my watch list .
But after looking at the first 3 , I realised it was an admin foul up .
So the only way to remove all 73 of them was to open them . ( 40 minutes later )Then refresh and they go away .
I have now removed 100% of everything from my Watch List .
A shame in a way , Now I won't know when ppl add something to my old threads .
Oh well . Might just go back to my old Moity Boiks Web Pages . TTFN

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

I agree Ginger - me too !!!! what a total drag! somebody messed something up ...

Me three... I just removed the ones I did not want to watch any more. A good reminder anyway for me but I went back a couple of weeks ago and removed a LOT of the old threads I did not really care to watch before... glad I did or I would have had over 100 today.

Tammie

... survived another day.... worried about surviving the weekend... 12 hours shifts friday, sat and sun. wonder if I will be able to crawl in the door sunday evening! LOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

12 hours ! yeowch....

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Kell, your not alone. Think something goofed somewhere in their software, or something along those lines.
LL, give 'em heck! Last week was good for me, getting 10-10 1/2hr days, until Friday- 15 1/2 hrs. Saturday, I was a waste case. Sun, got caught up in the yard/garden somewhat, but had promised gf 2 weeks prior that I would take her out to dinner for "quality" time. That was long before I knew anything of 15.5 hrs!!! Monday was 12 hrs, today was 11.75 hrs, and tomorrow, which starts at 4am, will probably be at least 13. You have my sympathy, LL. I'm a very pooped boy!
Trops, have fun camping! And, good luck! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.