I've Missed Yall!

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

I sure have miss chatting with everyone these pass few weeks. Daddy is still in the hospital and I've been running back & forward or staying overnight with him. He in Valdosta I'm in Douglas which is only 60 miles, just wish I was closer.

Dr. told us Wednesday if daddy left the hospital, he might not make it back it time to save him. There's a very fine line with cong. heart failure, kidney transplant, diabetes to keep in balance. He's been BLESS so many times with so many close calls.

On Friday Dr. said he'll go home on Monday, I wasn't there when Doc came by so I'm really concern. He still has alot of swallowing in his legs and the kidney out-put is very little. I'll for sure be there Monday bright and later to speak with the Doc.

I took the day off from going to the hospital so other family members could visit.
And got caught up on so much need sleep, so I going to get out in the garden and DIG some of this stress way. Hopefully I can find a SHADE to work under.
Altho I'm having a hard getting in gear!

Thanks to all for your prayers & thoughtfulness it means the world to me! Will keep you posted and I do stay in touch with Cordeledawg & 10l by phone.

Donna

Donna, I'm sorry you are going through all this.
I do understand transplant problems, my father in law has a transplanted lung. The first year was very touch and go. He's doing great now, but for how long? You keep every day near and dear. And I know you do just that.
Prayers for you and Daddy!

GGG

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Good to hear from you - I know you needed a break, you should do this every few days. Prayers going up for you and your family.

PJ

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Bless you Donna, I know it is very hard on everyone! We always wish they could go home, but then like you said, there is a fear that they may need to be closer to expert care than they are when at home...I pray his Doctors will be guided by God our Father in his care!
Janet

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Stress relief digging, great idea!
Prayers going up for you and your family.

chris

Cordele, GA

It is very difficult to go day by day with so little change. Many of us are at the point where our parents are in the end days of their lives. If we could turn back time and have the healthy, bright people we love back, it would be so wonderful. My father has been dead for thirty years and I still miss him.

Give you father what you can, while you can, but don't hurt your own health, physical or mental, doing it. You are in my thoughts.

Beth

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Your in my thoughts and prayers Donna :) Sorry about your Dad :)

Susan

Cumming, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your father. Remember to be kind to yourself too.

Virginia

Donna
I've just seen this and wanted you to know that you continue to be in my prayers. Please know you can call me anytime ... day or night. You have my numbers. I have an extra room if the stress of the situation is just too much but you still want to be close by. Please take care of yourself. My door is always open.
Sending many hugs&blessings to you and your family.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna,

Haven't heard from you in a few days. Hope your dad is comfortable and improving.
Call me if you need anything.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

So sorry to hear of the problems your father suffers.Praying for him, and for you to "exercise" the Faith. Mike

Waycross, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, I will be thinking about you and praying for you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

Your Waycross Friend,
Cheryle

Good News! Prayers have been answer!
Daddy went home today, and is doing well. Just have to keep a close eye on him thou. He's gain 24 lbs in in 10 days, which is not good for his heart, but he can't take any more lastix for it will do more damage to the kidney. We're praying that the NEW med's will help even more. Just taking one day at a time. Hoping tomorrow will be as wonderful as today!

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughtfulness, will post if any changes. Sorry it's been a few days, I been trying to catch up on my gardening chores in between visit with Daddy. Wow has the CHORE"S
piled up too! Where has my engery gone, I've have to have a mid-day nap now days!

Blessing to all,
Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear good news Donna. Take care of yourself too..midday naps are great!! LOL

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Wonderful :) Take care :)

I read in a med journal, that mid day naps, help in a long life, keep em up.
We never quit praying for others, as Paul says, "that your healing be complete".Mike

Sorry, that was James!!!

This message was edited Jun 15, 2007 3:20 PM

Donna
I'm so glad to hear that your DH is doing better and is out of the hospital now. Please take all the good advice and be kind to yourself. Naps are definitely on the RX sheet. :-)

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear your dad is better - you take care of yourself too. Nothing wrong with naps - I love to sleep!!

my my how my garden has grow, and those WEEDS too! If I every get caught up, so much to do and so time ! Ya can't even turn your back and there's more weeds to hoe! LOL!!

Daddy is recovering slowly and the fluid is coming off a pound at a time each day that passes. If only he won't give up the ZEST for life! Please remember him in your prayers.

Donna

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

In my thoughts and prayers Donna :)

Hi Donna!
I've had you in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry I haven't called lately to check up on you. I'm glad to hear your DD is doing better. Both of you will remain in my prayers. Give me a call sometime.
... ~SusanE :)

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. Keep taking those naps. I find those 10 minute power naps do wonders..
Hugs, Elaine (in Lizella)

Guess what everyone? I had the priviledge of meeting Donna yesterday!! It was just great. :) We had a wonderful time chatting and looking at all my plants. She has a wealth of knowledge and is just full of information which she generously shared with me. I can't wait to get her back over and pick her brain some more. LOL She's such a sweet person ... but then y'all already knew that. ;) That's okay, because I'll be at the * next * RU. :-)

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

You said it S.Elaine! Donna's got gardening in her hip pocket!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

And,, maybe some seeds too... LOL,
Elaine (in Lizella)

LOL!!
Now I'm getting the big head!
Susan, what fun it was to meet you and hubby! It was a wonderful break from a HOT afternoon. And yes I did learn something for you too!
Your tomatoes staking is a very smart idea that I'll be putting to use. Maybe you could share pictures with everyone, surly a smart idea!

Now on a different note, I need prayer warriors! If the devil has his way, I'll be at war with my father's wife. I'm having a hard time keeping my BIG mouth shut, even though my sister & I have the power of attorney over him. She's caring for him her way and daddy is so dependent on her. She acting the role of a caring & loving wife with his best interest at heart, so daddy think's! He would give her the world NOW if he could!

Today the wife mention that he may need to go into a nursing home, I DON"T THINK SO!!!! Last week I offer to hire a nurse/aid to set with him. Oh no she wouldn't have it, but yet tells everyone she has no help from us kids. Or anyone else will help her. I'm sure you hear this story before.

The sad part is daddy ask me to give in to her and do whatever she ask or not ask. Not to talk to the doctor about his care, leave it all up to her. What she thinks is best care to keep peace. I felt as if he was telling me to stay away, he did not need me or my help. There's alot of history behind all of this of course. Us kids went through this with mother's huband during her illness & death 2 yrs ago. And we had NO power to help her, and it's start all over agian with daddy!

If I say anything to her (wife), I'm the bad one & I'm the nut case! Me & my BIG mouth! Just don't understand why she will not let us kids share the care giving. We all love him and want what is best. It's so hard but I'll do my best to keep peace for daddy's sake.

Lord, help me I can't do this alone. Break down the wall's of ego's and give us peace understanding and most of all love in this time of need.
To love one another as you ask. Amen

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

You're in my prayers, Donna. God bless you, peace and comfort be with you.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, bless you and prayers to get through this.
Hugs, Elaine

Waycross, GA(Zone 8a)

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Cheryle

Donna, it's not easy is it? My prayers are with you.
Do not feel guilty following Daddy's wishes. You will be doing what he wants. Don't worry what wife thinks or does or says. God knows who is right and who is wrong, who cares and who doesn't.
Did you see one thing that Daddy did not ask you to stop doing? He never asked you to stop loving him. He needs your love and support, even in such difficult times for you and him.

God's peace to you, my friend,

GGG

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

God hears your prayers Donna and those of all of us in your favor. Bless you at this difficult time, it is truly hard to know what you should do or should say, and I hate that for you! I hope things are going more smoothly for you!
Janet

Amen to all the above. Just remember you have to live with yourself when all is said and done. Don't worry about what she thinks. You know in your heart what is best for your Daddy. We're all here praying for you just like GGG and Janet said.
Hugs&blessings to you ... Susan

Hang in there Donna, one day at a time, and leave it in the wright hands, so take yours out.Keep your dads wishes.Mike

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/740583/

Help me please fill his mailbox with LOVE!

Hugg's to you all, I'm so glad I can share with you.

Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.