My favorite 4 o clock

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This is my favorite 4 o clock. You never know what theflowers will look like. Sometimes yellow, sometimes pink , sometimes mixed. This particular plant is about 6 feet tall. Pretty amazing in theevening.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Nice bi-color!

Eureka, CA

I absolutely love four o'clocks. I think partly because my deceased father used to have them. There are some folks in my area who consider them nearly invasive, and ya know? I have trouble growing them!!! I think I'm not quite warm enough to get them going, but every year I keep trying.

Sanna

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

I love the "Kaleidescope", "Broken Colors"---I call them my "tie-dye" flowers. I agree with you - I LOVE this plant and it's flowers!

Jan

beautiful!

Thumbnail by JanLynn
Tulsa, OK

OMG--- I've never seen ones like those! My mom has grown standard varieties for as long as I can remember, and she's passed a bunch of them along to me. I just love them.

Where do you get that variety, and do you have to worry about them cross-pollinating with other plants and reverting to regular ones?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Ooh, nice! I can't imagine having them 6' tall, but then again, I live in Ohio! :) We had some for a long time, but when basement work was done, all the soil upset around our home's foundation, coupled by the extremely cold winter, nixed 'em. I have some seeds and really ought to plant them.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I started mine from seeds. You can get them anywhere. Will be happy to send seeds if you want them.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the offer, Rylaff. I have some I saved from those plants (somewhere!), plus I bought a packet a couple weeks ago. I've been meaning to get them planted, so I was glad to see this thread come up in recent threads.

Lono-

You've got dmail...

Jan

Tulsa, OK

Thanks Jan. I replied!

Sanna-

You have dmail...

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.