Weight Loss Challange June 9 - 16

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

My weight just keeps going up a # a day. Now it says 126#. I was about 122# or so on Monday. I think GOD is telling me that all this negativity in my emotions and mind has a lot to do with it. I also know I am holding a lot of fluid. I am sort of measuring(really just carefully being aware of)my intake and output and it is no where near equal. I need to see the doctor for a 3 month check up before long and will ask if a different diuretic might be in order. I've been on Lasix for years. I've increased the dosage a few times but it doesn't seem to help any. Also added hydrochlothizide with little if any results. Usually HTZ really kicks things into high gear but no more.

How is it that one side of our minds can be singing praise songs, quoteing scriptures, etc. and the other side thinking all kinds of negative things? I find myself in this situation more than I like. Like Paul, that which I do not want to do I find myself doing and that which I want to do I find myself not doing. Even being very busy and needing to concentrate on something doesn't seem to help.

Mini, I understand the weed hating. I have pulled what must have been thousands of cheat weed(sometimes called wild oats)clumps that have hundreds of seeds each and it seems as tho there is no end to them. I burn them to kill the seeds but they just keep popping up all over the place. Same with lamb's quarters which are also good to eat but I only need so many of them. And they can quickly grow to small tree size. The morning glories are thick again this year. I am managing to tell them from the green beans fairly well since I used the cups for the beans but I had to remove the cups totally the other day because the plants were becomeing rootbound in them The thickness of the sides of the cup gave room for me to push the plants' roots down into the soil really well. I then watered them really well to settle the roots in.

I need to get going. I'm taking the Plecostomus in to the new owner this morning. I need to get some water into a well cleaned pail or storage tub and then catch that fish. If I get the water level in the tank low enough it shouldn't be so hard. I have nets to use so I don't have to try to grab it by hand. Being a member of the catfish family(or so I have been told)it has those barbs on the sides of its head at the back of its mouth area.

We are still missing some people. I guess I'll have to DM some of them and see what is wrong. I pray all of them are ok. Vic hasn't checked in for some time. I remember her saying something about visiting relatives or going on a vacation or something like that so maybe she is just gone for a while. Kim hasn't been here for ages. I pray she and Howie are ok.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 53 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!