This message was edited Jun 8, 2007 5:49 PM

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Meritrage

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Baby Blue Marine

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

u have such beauties!!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Nights of Gladness

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

And at last, Sea Power blooms for the first time in my garden. I am thrilled with it.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

What a finale Sea Power is!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Still one or two to bloom. Here is Aardvark Lark.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I thought all of mine were done, and last week had an aborted bloom on one and today, this one is blooming! We have a very strange weather period in the Spring and I think it effected several of mine...I am sure it is too early for the rebloomers...right..

Thumbnail by JanetS
Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

All I have left are Honky Tonk Blues and Beverly Sills, and a few Wabash.

Better some than none, though.

(This picture is from a week ago -- that would be Honky Tonk Blues on the right, and Flutter-By on the left. You can really see Honky Tonk's PBF -- got it as a bonus historic just last year from Superstition, it's growing really well.)

This message was edited Jun 14, 2007 9:06 AM

Thumbnail by constance22
Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

That's very pretty, JanetS. What is it?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Constance, it is an old heirloom, I don't know the name. The rest of mine finished up a month ago at least! This one just bloomed out of nowhere. I have a lot that did not bloom, because of our weather in April. I think it is confused..lol Mid June is really late for Iris in Georgia...I have had daylilies for quite some time and now the asiatics and orientals are starting to bloom...I told my husband, I have Iris, Daylilies, and Amaryllis blooming at the same time in JUNE...lol seems strange!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love your Honky Tonk Blues, constance. I bought that one last year, but it isn't ready to bloom this year. But from your picture, I am really eager to see mine bloom -- hopefully next year.

Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

JanetS -- It's lovely. How tall is it?

pajaritomt -- Yes, I was lucky, about half of my new ones bloomed, and the other half, I'll have to wait for also. A new bunch of historics coming from the HIPS sale -- where will I put them? (that helps to make up for the sad end of iris blooming season).

Here's Rose Unique (Farr, 1910). It actually still has a flower on it. (This shot, however, was taken a few weeks back).

Thumbnail by constance22
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I thought it might be Nancy Orne or Mme. Cheri...but it is just so hard to tell...here is another shot of the bloom today...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a different clump earlier this year...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

I like your photo of Rose Unique. The sun shining thru the foliage is cool looking. Thanks for sharing.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

These are the last iris to show up this year:

Blue Suede Shoes

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My favorite unknown pink. It came with the house so I don't know what it is, but I really look forward to it each year.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Breakers. This one can come out blue or blue-purple according to where on the flower one focuses the camera. A long time favorite of mine.

And that is the end of the iris show at my house for 2007. A few are still open, but there are no new ones left to open.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

Well I don't know when I have enjoyed a better show.....thanks girls, even your noids are beautiful

Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

Still have Flutter-by blooming, Honky Tonk Blues, a few Wabash, and two Accents. All historics, all still hangin' in.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, those were all very pretty, Ardvark Lark makes me smile, just saying the name, and it is very pretty!! You have some beautiful blues, too! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.