CLOSED: Vintage Costume Jewelery for Plants

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Everyone,
I just love this forum. It's a great way to clean out my closets and de-junk. I used to be an antique dealers a while ago and my specialty was costume jewelry.
I still have a couple of big boxes that I need to get rid of and what a better way to than to swap some of the pieces for plants for my garden.
I will post the pictures here if you need more info please d-mail me. All of the items are very good condition. They will all be unsigned items unless I state otherwise.
I am looking for perennials I don't have, named daylillys, colored iris, I have purple, pond plants, I have a few already, true blue flowers for my blue moon garden, garden trinkets, I like budhas, gazing balls and other weird oddball things. I am trying to make a wanted
page so take a look and see what I might be looking for or surprise me . I live in zone 5.

Thanks,
Sue

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

This is a clear rhinestone brooch set in silver tone metal. About 2 inches across. Good condition.

Thumbnail by glamourpuss
U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Here is a brooch that is shaped like a sword. Set with clear rs about 2 1/4 inches long.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2007 3:26 PM

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry forgot the pix

Sword pin

Thumbnail by glamourpuss
U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry forgot the pix

Sword pin

Thumbnail by glamourpuss
U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Rhinestone necklace!

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Picture of necklace

Thumbnail by glamourpuss
U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Rhinestone bracelet. You might have to click on the picture to see the whole image.

Thanks,
Sue

Thumbnail by glamourpuss
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

they are lovely the necklace is beautiful..

Fountaintown, IN(Zone 5b)

Vintage Costume Jewelery for Plants...HA HA! Thought you meant for plants to wear...maybe not a bad idea for sparkly reflectors of garden lights at a nightime garden party! I'd try it myself, but my vintage pieces are enamel, so no sparkle.

Since you made me laugh, I'd be happy to send you a start of red-blooming Monarda didyma (also known as beebalm, oswego tea, and another common name that I can never remember). It's one of my favorite plants: cut, also lemon-fragrant and summer-blooming perennial. A very willing plant; can't really be called a thug because it's so easy to pull out.

I'll also send a start to the first two people who send me other common names for md.
Of course, I'll need your addreses.

PS: The blossom looks like July 4 fireworks, and usually blooms at that time. But this is is a very unusual year, so it's blooming at least two weeks early, in spite of very dry conditions.

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Great I would love to have some red monarda. Would you lioke a piece of my jewelry in trade? What kind do you collect?

Thanks,
Sue

Boerne new zone 30, TX(Zone 8b)

Only thing I have heard it called is either Bergamot or scarlet beebalm.

I would LOVE some... I have loads in my trade list plus a thread here that has a bunch of stuff if you would like to trade something.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i have nightblooming cerus if interested lmk.. thanks..

Twyla

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

What do you have in Vintage clip on earrings ?

U.P., MI(Zone 5a)

Hello,
Sorry I don't have any clip on earrings. In fact all of my jewelry for now is all spoken for as I have sent to auction.
Thanks, for the interest,
Sue

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

That's Ok ,I probably should send some of my mine to a auction LOL instaed we keep having the auction fever.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

ezgroonly -
horsemint that is the other name we call it here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beebalm

Is your offer still good?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.