The DAVE is coming to BOSTON!!!!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hello my dear fellow DG friends.....

The DAVE is going to be in Boston later this month!!!! Sunday June 24th he has the entire day open... well, since I am not selfish I want to share him with everyone else... you know I met the man and he is really very nice!!!! (Oh I am such a name droper!!!!) well, all kidding aside, I know it might be a last minute for some of you but since he is here let's do a spring northeast RU!!!! I am open to suggestions!!!! I don't mind at all hosting is in my house if everyone bring a lawn chair we do potluck style... and my family will probably be mortifed (since not everything is in order in my house ... yeah the furniture is on it's way from Brazil and my garden is not finished....) but like I just said I am open to suggestions!!!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Sure - your place is much more central than mine - and you have a big lot. I can bring a chair or two - and an umbrella (don't do well in the heat :-)

Cheers,
Michaela

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wish I could make it but my niece graduates HS that day. Have fun and say hi to Dave.

Victor

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Not sure. I will check.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

hey, this could be fun!
Martha

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Too long of a drive for me. But thanks for the invite!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I think I could go!

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

ok... let's start a list!!!!

Hillsdale, NY(Zone 5b)

SO sorry that I'll be working. I was looking forward to a RU! - Julie

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

cheesecake.
Martha

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Is that cheesecake for me, Martha? lol (LOVE cheesecake - but the only one in the family who does - I would eat a whole cheesecake by myself!)

Are we all bringing deserts? ummmm . . . kind of a long drive - maybe I will bring matrimonial cake. :-)

Anyway, sign me up, Kassia :-) I want to meet everyone!

Did you want us to bring plants to swap too?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I can come and I'd like to carpool if anyone from LI or lower CT is interested - I can drive - I just hate to drive by myself. The only plants I have are pink bleeding hearts and maybe a blackberry or two. If anyone is interested.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I LOVE blackberries - are they hard to grow? I have lots of little seedlings - sorry, I would love to offer rooted roses. :-)

You do have cats to trade, don't you, Cat?!! Hee hee. Wish I could make it. Hope I can make the next one. Take photos and post them please!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, July 1 is a Sunday, I believe. Maybe we can celebrate Canada Day at my place :-)

Ha ha. I was thinking the Fall, perhaps.

Blackberries grow like weeds at my place - the ones I have are thornless and semi-erect and produce huge berries. I have 5 canes this year hoping that won't be so many berries that I get nightmares about them again.

Nobody trades cats, Victor. Cats trade staff!

Just joking - I'm a cat person myself. Don't complain about Blackberries - they're delicious and healthy. I'll come and take any excess!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

No! I LOVE blackberries - I even fought with DH over the wallpaper for the entrance hall - I won! - the pattern has blackberries!

Maybe Cat will share with us?

By the way, the two best deserts I ever ate used blackberries . . .

Cat, really - can I get some canes or roots or whatever from you? I have lots of wallflower seedlings I can trade :-) Or I have some delphiniums . . .

I will dig up a couple volunteers for you.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Outstanding! I LOVE blackberry pie! - so, can I interest you in some wallflowers? They are biannual - so they will bloom next spring - They are often planted amongst tulips - and they smell heavenly!

You can just have the blackberries. If the ones I bring don't take - I'll dig you up rooted canes in the fall. I give them out like candy to the people at work and send them to anyone who wants them. It is a really great cultivar with huge berries.

Which one is it Cat?

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Kassia, I would love to come if it is OK my daughter will drive to get me there and bring me back home
Maria

Victor - I'm not sure - it was a wilted plant from the sale table at Lowes years ago -I think it had a Native American name that started with a C - but there are a couple of them. The berries are the size of a quarter sometimes.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Wait! Please save some blackberries for me too! I'll be coming to the RU on the 24th!! Whoopie! Don't know yet what I have to trade. I can bring some food... um, don't know what I should bring. I'll bring whatever there's a need for.

Are we sure THE Dave is open for an activity on his day off? (trying not to get too excited)

Cat, I'm close to you. Do you want to come with me? I'll be going through Danbury. It would be no sweat to veer south to Bridgeport. Plus, I'd love to meet your cats.

Harper

Probably Cherokee or Cheyenne.

Harper - I'd love to ride with you. Bridgeport is about 45 mins out from Danbury - so it is out of your way - I work in Danbury so I could park in the company lot and meet you there. (The cats are sometimes quite anti-social anyway.)

I will dig up whatever blackberry plants there are and you all can share them.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Okay! Great! Give the cats a rub behind the ears for me.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Cheesecake for all! I can bring siberian iris also to swap, not to eat.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I only have invasive things to bring like chives...

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oh that's so great.... I am so glad you guys are coming.... it will be so great... I am going to start another thread so we now who is coming!!!! and maybe one with the food?? I will ask Dave to make those 2 as a sticky so we can just go directly there!!!!

thanks everyone...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.