Too sick to ride?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Parent of the little girl that rides Romeo & Chewie called me today. We are all scheduled to attend a show this Saturday, with the little one showing Romeo in-hand. He calls to tell me she has a fever with a throat infection, and is on antibiotics "and other medication".

I immediately asked for how long on medicine? 10 days, starting today. I responded "She isn't showing. She's staying at home to get better. The risk of her getting hurt by a horse is too great, not to mention the risk of making some other little kid sick. I'll talk to you about a lesson when I get back after my week out of town."

Did I do the right thing? He wanted to call me back tomorrow "If she's feeling better enough to come tomorrow & help groom up horses and/or show Saturday." I think it's not worth the risk.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!