New to forum with pix to share

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Have been inclined to purchasing more clematis the last couple years and they seem to take a couple years to settle in here.
Here is 'Venosa Violacea'

This message was edited Jun 7, 2007 12:58 PM

Thumbnail by magnolialover
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

This is a newly purchased one that I adored the coloring on
'Pink Fantasy'

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

This might be 'Will Goodwin', but I am not so sure...

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

...and here is 'Multiblue' 1st year bloom.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Cute, Lily_love, what a nice flower.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Since our growing season differs a tad. Multiblue just now bloom for me while most of my other "early" bloomers already faded. Those such as Asao, Henrii, Fireworks, Gen. sirkoski.....

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Nice pictures. Magnolialover, I just got Pink Fantasy this year. Can't wait til it blooms because yours is beautiful!

Finger Lakes, NY(Zone 6a)

magnolia

great pictures... I have 5 different clematis and I wish I had room for more. Yours are lovely.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Oh, you just wait for 'Pink Fantasy', goldfinch, it's even better than you can imagine! It is my favorite one so far.
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I will have some more to add later on.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Mags!!!! I love that Pink Fantasy!!! All your other clematis are beautiful, too, but that Pink Fantasy, wow! I'm so glad you're into clematis!

Diann

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful Clematis pictures, magnolialover! "Multi-Blue" is a tried & true favorite for all Clematis addicts, Lily_love!

I especially enjoy the delicate flush of color on "Pink Fantasy's" sepals contrasted with the wine colored stamen. It makes for a beautifully hybridized Clematis that will be a staple in the Clematis gardens for years to come. May I ask which Clematis nursery you found it? I'll definitely be adding that one to my wish list!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, yes, yes! Welcome back Shirley1. So nice to 'see' you. :-)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Shirley, I bought it from Klehm's Songsparrow, a mail order nursery, in Wisconsin.

Hi and waving back, Lily_love!

Thanks Magnolialover. I have ordered from Klehm's Songsparrow Nursery before. They have a very nice selection of Clematis, but their shipping can be a bit pricey depending on where you live. You're very lucky living in the same state as Klehm's. Are you within driving distance of that nursery or is it strictly mail order?

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

It is strictly mail order. I was LUCKY enough to go on a very brief, rare (and wonderful) buying tour last month, so that's where I picked it up. They have wonderful plants, the shipping is pricey, but those plants come in better shape than any other potted plant material I have ever seen.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I've ordered from Klehm's before too, and when their plants arrive sometimes I think they are in better shape than the nursery down the road from me!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Klehm's is woonderful. They take amazingly great care of their plants.

Thanks for the info. If you have not already added your comments in the Garden Watchdog, please do.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Love, love Pink Fantasy!! Klehm's will be getting an order from me.
I also have a question for you (judging by your screen name) I got a coral lake magnolia this spring. Do you have any experience with this cultivar's eventual size and spread in z7? TIA

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Did you get 'Coral Lake' from Klehm's? It looks like a beauty, but I only have so much room here. I have heard that it is a great one. You'll have to let me know how that does for you. I absolutely LOVE magnolias ;0)
Yes, I am very good about watchdog ratings. Klehm's has some bad feedback, but judging from their greenhouses last month, it isn't plant quality.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Is there a website? for Klehm's ? I'm in search of a different variety of Armandii, "Apple Blosoms" I think....

magnolia, I got it at fairweather garden in nj. It's still in it's pot, very healthy. i need to decide where to put it. It's my first magnolia so i'm unfamiliar with care and etc.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Venu,
Deciduous Magnolias do best in full sun. The cultivar is new to me, however from my experience with this type of trees. I planted them both in full sun, and other in part shade. The one that is out in full sun does best. They're ok in shade, but flowers tend to favor the more sunny location.

Ahhh, thanks Lily. That changes my plans a bit!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.