Aristolochia Serpentaria does anyone have it?

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

It's also known as Virgina Snakeroot and I'm curious as to why very little is known as to where it can be bought.It's a host larval plant for pipevine butterflies and I would have thought it would be grown and sold just for that reason.Maybe someone here can steer me in the right direction.

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello donlaclair.

You can pick up Aristolochia serpentaria on eBay. That's where I got mine and it is now doing well for me in both the garden and pots.

Erick

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ok Erick can you tell me how to find it on e-bay. I have only been on there twice and when I just searched for this it turned up zero results!! I like the native Aristolochias and my watsonii has produced babies :o)

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello Marie.

I just went to www.ebay.com, and typed "Aristolochia" in the seach field and 21 items came back, including two listings for A. serpentaria.

A. watsonii is one I don't have but would sure like to pick up. Please keep me in mind should you ever care to sell or trade for a plant or two.

Regards,

Erick

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

You have d-mail

I types the same thing into the search too. Maybe it is a signt o stay away from e-bay.

This message was edited Jun 7, 2007 10:24 AM

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, all,

I just wanted to post here a good source for A. serpentaria--

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/4253/

'Loess' may be the same fellow you source from on E-bay (I don't know) but he e-mailed me recently with news that he has some in stock now.

I think he has some seeds available from time to time, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.