Tribute to my Mother Colleen

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I found this beautiful figurine the other day at a church garage sale that Connie and I went to. For some reason though, I almost didn't get it. Then I thought of Mom, Colleen and this photo and told Connie so when I showed it to her. I looked over and another lady had it in her hand. I watched her looking at it and wanted it more than I've wanted anything in a long time. I prayed she'd put it down and she did. I surreptitiously snuck around behind her and snatched it off the table before she changed her mind, like I had. I decided then and there that her name would be Colleen.

I've placed Colleen with the old timey wire frame truck and trailer because I thought that would have been about the same time frame as the photo insert. :-)

This is a classic example of someone else's "trash" becoming my treasure.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!