Mrs. N. Thompson ... anyone know it?

Belgium, WI(Zone 5a)

This is a clematis I bought several years ago before I knew anything about clematis and it is truly only by the grace of God that she is living. But she's happier I'm treating her better these days. The tag says Mrs. N. Thompson but I've not ever seen it since ... anybody know it?

Thumbnail by Twonewfs
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful! I don't have her growing in my garden, but here is what C.O.T.W. says about this variety. http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=333

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I purchased one last year but shortly after I planted it the rabbits ate it to the ground and it never did much after that. This spring it came up nicely and again the rabbits ate it. I have it fenced in now and it's doing better but no flowers yet, so thanks for sharing a picture of yours!

Saint Clair Shores, MI(Zone 6b)

Got one....have had it for 4 years. Last year I got one bloom ;the squirrels, bunnies and who knows what else trimmed it too frequently for me to get anymore blooms.

This year it is blooming very well and is probably my wife's current favorite.

It did split a stem earlier in the year and I wrapped it with florists tape to fix the split. It never even seemed bothered once it rebounded from the initial wilting it had done before I had fixed it.

~Chills

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.