My irises are blooming

Peachland B.C., BC(Zone 5a)

Finally this past weekend my garden has just exploded. Tommorrow its a tour of my friend iris, and on Saturday we do mine. Lots of pictures taken. Wow what fun.

Thumbnail by oltmanns
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

It looks just great and no weeds How did you do that?? I know pull pull LOL
Gloria Love it Looks lovely

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

How pretty, Lynn, and I just can't get over that view you have.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

What a show you have going on there! Impressive!

~Margie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Beautiful and well maintained. Wanna come help clean mine up with me?!?!?!! Mine are all done blooming, now the deadheading and weeding begins, yipppppppeeeeee!

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

WOW thats a pretty site !!.....Sharon

Weston, WV(Zone 6b)

That is a beautiful display of blooms there dear. You all did a great job fixing up that bed and making it look perfect! Great Job!! Now come help me with mine?? LOL

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

That is so gorgeous! Great job!
Now I'm kinda wondering how I'll keep all the iris I just bought separate and identifiable--I'm in an apartment with a flower bed that I extended along the side of the building but now I'm thinking I may have to foster out some of my newbies:LOL:

Absolutely beautiful iris garden, oltmanns:)

Loris, SC

Bumping this so I can keep looking at it! Gorgeous!!!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I know right?:LOL: I think I'm going to have to save this photo as an inspiration for when I get to spread out my iris. The season here in the south seems to start so early and end so quickly. Gotta get more rebloomers;)

Thanks for all the nice comments. I wish iris lasted longer, and I'm just to far north to hope for rebloomers. I wait now for my order from Denise at Snowpeaks, I have new homes ready for all my new beauties.

Weston, WV(Zone 6b)

I have a very steep hill in my landscape that i would love to do that on, but i cant get my darn tiller on it cause it is too steep, any recomendations on tilling it up, besides by hand?

Bumping the topic as well to keep reminding me to do something like this as well.

I found no easy way to do a bank, I did mine by hand. I did find a heavy layer of mulch does keep the weeding to a minimum.

Thumbnail by oltmanns
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

OK you've just got to stop...no don't really :LOL: Your gardens are amazing!! Saved another picture to my inspiration files=)

This message was edited Jun 29, 2007 11:48 PM

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Lynn, that is such a beautiful picture.

I would love to see pics of your lilies when they are in bloom also. That one on the right side of the house looks ready to touch the tree.

What do you guys fertilize with up there in Canada? Moose doodoo? It's working!

Hi Polly will include some pictures of the lilies. Spread a little all purpose fert. in the spring. We don't get extreme heat here for long periods, so my plants never look stressed.

Glevely, I have a lovely garden angel that loves to weed. My mother. She is my garden partner, and only groans when I say I want to move a lot of plants around. I always tell people that I cannot take all the credit on my garden, that without my friend Audrey getting me hooked on plants and my fabulous weeder, I would still be buying petunias at Walmart everyspring.
DH will willing help for big or heavy jobs when I ask, so I consider myself a very fortunate person,and blessed with such wonderful people around me.

Lynn

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I'd say you are...all that and iris too!

Weston, WV(Zone 6b)

I had the idea of adding a stone retaining wall to half the slope in my yard! That would make it then less steep and easier for me to plant things there but then i look at how big my hillside is and just go UGHhhhhhh...lol
If only i had the money to hire someone to do it all for me....all the time....then i would most likely complain to cause then i would complain about me not doing anything....lol

a vicous cirlce....

Ill try it one of these yrs.... But keep the pictures coming it is giving me inspiration indeed!

When I started that hill side 10 years ago I felt young and ambitious ha ha, but now I wonder how I did it. I planted these lupine on the steep part 5 years ago. They have seeded themselves and I now have too many color combinations to name.

Thumbnail by oltmanns
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

oltmanns, All I can say is, WOW!!!!!!! Gorgeous!
Sherry ;o)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

You're neighbors must either love you for the views or be envious as all get out:LOL: Another saved photo for me:LOL:

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Your hillside garden is an inspiration to me. I live on a rocky hillside with little soil, but great sun. Maybe someday mine will look 1/10 as good as yours.

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

GORGEOUS!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.